DVD Player Idea's???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Wil_J, Nov 4, 2002.

1. Wil_J

Wil_J Stunt Coordinator

Ok, here's the deal. I currently have a P.O.S. Samsung DVD-709 DVD Player. When I play DVD's sometimes the picture will pixelize and/or freeze sometimes. After a while I realized the problem was heat related (the DVD player would heat up and the problems would start).

So, I have put up with this problem for long enough in my opinion, and I want to know what I should look for in a new DVD player. Any & all help is needed.

What you might need to know about my system:

TV: JVC AV-32D303
    Reciever: Onkyo 494
    DVD: Samsung DVD-709

Now, I haven't followed DVD players too closely, so I don't even know where to start. This player is just left over from before I got into Home Theater. Thanks!..............Wil

2. Dave Moritz

Dave Moritz Producer
    Supporter

Dave Moritz
    If you have a 1st generation dvd player that could be the culprate? Some of the 1st generation players would pixelate. Also make sure you dont have any dirt or anyything that might interfere with the machine reading the dvd surface. You might want to get a newer dvd player, but this is just my opionion [​IMG] I would stick with Pioneer, Sony, Denon, Onkyo, Marantz and would stay away from the cheapy brands. I had a Pioneer 525 in my HT system and it did a good job. But I recently upgraded it to a Sony 9000ES dvd/sacd player. Let us know how everything turns out.

3. Wil_J

Wil_J Stunt Coordinator

Oh come on guys. Surely people have more suggestions than that. PLEASE, help me out here! Thanks...........Wil

4. Ryan Leemhuis

Ryan Leemhuis Second Unit

How about the Panny RP82? It is a very good player for a very cost-effective price($229). It plays DVD-A and has no chroma-bug.

5. Wil_J

Wil_J Stunt Coordinator

Ok, maybe I need to be clearer. I need to know what makes the player good. Why should I buy it? What are the best features? What do those features do?

What is a chroma bug? As I said, I haven't followed DVD players at all since I got into home theater, I need some MAJOR help here guys...............Wil