What's new

dvd player help (1 Viewer)

Paul Cole

Agent
I have a 61 inch Sony (HS-10) and I was hoping to keep it in the $200 range. If I understand correctly, it looks like the Denon 1910 should be a no-brainer. I have two problems though....first, I'm pretty brand loyal.....is this stupid? I really like Onkyo and Sony products and like to stick with what has worked for me in the past.

SO...

I'm Thinking the Sony 975 is what I want.

BUT...

It's a little bit out of my range ( my in-laws asked my wife what I want for Christmas and she suggested a dvd player...I don't want them spending too much money on me ).

Second problem is that my ancient 5 disc cd player is starting to crap out on me. I'd like to kill two birds with one stone, but I don't want to sacrifice quality for quantity.

Maybe I should hold out on the cd player and just go for the good, dedicated dvd player?

ANY advice would be great....thank's so much guy's.

AndrewVital

Agent
I've been doing DVD research for the past few weeks, and i think i'm gonna be buying the Denon 1910.
I know what you mean by brand loyalty, I'm a pioneer guy. (thats whats my Receiver is (Pioneer Elite VSX-59TXi)
Pioneer doesn't have a good DVD player with the features I want in my price range.
The Denon Scales to 1080i and has DVI output, both are lacking in the Pioneer models (unless you go to their top of the line but thats $1000)

From what I've read the 1910 is a great bang for the buck player. I'm still researching though...

Originally I was looking for DVDR/Tivo unit, but then in doing research i found out that the DVDrs aren't HD, Tivo isn't an HD recorder either, and its 12 bucks a month!!!

so what I did was called my cable company (COX) ordered a HD-DVR (being installed on sat). THat is the same 9.95 rental i'm paying for my regular HD box and the monthly service is only 4.95 a month (8 a month cheaper then tivo) and this records in HD while Tivo doesn't.

So im gonna wait for HD-DVD or BlueRay (which ever is better at the time) to come into the market and i'll buy one of those.

But this denon is a good price for a good player.

sorry for the long post.

good luck
- Andrew

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks