What's new

DVD player for $200 (1 Viewer)

Andy F

Stunt Coordinator
A friend of mine is looking for their first DVD player. The budget is $200 and for at least a while will only be hooked up to a non-progressive TV, no HT. I have seen the panny rp-56 and the Sony DVP-NS500V. These have been tossed around on this forum and seem to be available in the required budget.

Any thoughts on which one is better? Any other alternatives out there? One more note, I would like to stick to B&M stores for this purchase so please keep those prices in minds.

Thanks

JesseR

Stunt Coordinator
I found open box panny rp56 for 129...no remote...i saw it a little later for 179 with the remote. I really liek the player. Using my universal remote I dont have any problems. Most important was the audio video play. I really like it, it performs very well. And progressive scan. I definatly reccomend it

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
Tosh SD4700 or Panny RP-56, although I prefer the build quality of the former.

A Sony NS700P is also nice, but might be a little above $200.

And remember, even though you're sticking to B&M stores, buy at one that will do online pricematches, like Sears.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks