DVD player audio distortion

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kurt Leutfeld, Dec 4, 2001.

1. Kurt Leutfeld

Kurt Leutfeld Auditioning

I have just bougght a Toshiba SD-210E DVD player. It is connected up to a Sherwood 7090R amp.

Whlist the scart lead is connected to the tv (as normal), the audio given out by the phono leads (to the amp) give distortion to audio. When the scart lead is disconnected, everything is fine. Is it worth me buying a coax cable if I'm going to get distortion.

I have tried the player through anther amp with the same results.

Many thanks

Kurt

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Have you tried a different cable or a different DVD player? I suspect that your DVD player may be the problem.

3. Kurt Leutfeld

Kurt Leutfeld Auditioning

I will take it back tomorrow, I just wanted to check there's nothing stupid I am doing.

I have just noticed there is only distortion on CDs when the tv is turned off with the scart connected

4. Saurav

Saurav Cinematographer

It could be any number of things, including a faulty DVD player and faulty cables, either the audio ones or the video ones. I agree, to me it looks like a problem in the DVD player, because the video electronics is affecting the audio electronics in some way.