What's new

DVD Player Around $100 that plays all formats (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Looking for suggestions from people that have used a Player that is around $100 that plays DVD's/SVCD/VCD/DVD-R/MP3 etc.
I would like to stay with a name brand. I've seen a Toshiba for around $90 that does, I Have a 6200 and like toshiba but not sure on their low end players.

Any suggestions Appreciated.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Dave, was that Toshiba player new? I don't think I have ever seen a DVD player from a major manufacturer (i.e., not considering APEX, Mintek, etc.) for $100 or less. I think if you can step up to $150 or so, you will be better off. Simply look at the budget players from Sony, Panasonic, Pioneer, Toshiba, etc. You might want to start by looking at Crutchfield's selection since they do a great job reviewing features. Go to www.crutchfield.com . Note, however, that Crutchfield does not sell Toshiba products.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
It was new I saw it at Costco, but they do not have it on their website. I'm going to have to look at the model number next time I'm there. Costco has a liberal enough return policy that I could probably buy it, try it and see how it works

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Looking at the Toshiba Website I think it was the SD1800 that Costco had for around $100. According to the site it does play all those formats, well except SVCD, hard to find a player other that the chinese ones that'll play those.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks