What's new

DVD player and non-stereo TV hookup ? (1 Viewer)

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
Hi all,

I finally will have a chance to hook up the Cyberhome DVD player (Radio Shack special) when I realized one thing. But let me give you some background.

I'm mainly going to use this player with a 13" TV/VCR combo in our SUV (the player is really small). The TV has one video and one audio jack (not stereo) in. The dvd player have two audio jacks out :confused:.

So knowing that the DVD player will output 2 channel sound, how can I get the sound "mixed" so that I can play it through this cheap TV/VCR combo using only one audio input jack? I was thinking about using a Y adapter but I don't think that would work...it was just confuse the poor TV.

Any advice for a cheap fix or do I return the DVD player (I haven't opened it up yet)? I don't need a second DVD player in the house and don't think I will be needing the all region hack. I mainly picked it up because of how small it is and it's good price.

Thanks in advance, Bob

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
The usual quick fix is to simply run one (normal suggestion is left) output to your mono input.

It is possible that the DVD player has a mono option in the audio setup. If so, make that selection and connect one of the DVD player’s outputs to the TV input.

Use a Y adapter.

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
Thanks guys for the pointers. I guess I will open it up and see if there is a mono output option. I do have a y-adapter cable so I'm good to go there and I'll try it both ways, left only or y-cable.

If there is no mono option, I'll check first to see if the 'shack will take it back opened before I go forward.

Bob

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks