What's new

DVD Playback Issues (1 Viewer)

RomanSohor

Second Unit
I have run into an interesting problem, once this past fall and now it has come up again.

First title with the problem was "Casablanca" and now Ihave the problem with the Critereon Collection "Sullivan's Travels".

I am trying to play the movie on a PC running PowerDVD software. When I play other movies, they work FINE. Perfectly! When I attempted the above titles, play back was horrible. Extremely choppy. Just unwatchable. The audio was also very quiet compared to other titles.

Now, if I launch the RealONE player, and have it play the DVD, the playback is quite good. Although the volume is still a little too quiet (I think, at least).

So, my question is: If RealONE is using the same software CODEC as PowerDVD, why is the playback bad in one software, and acceptable in the other? How can I fix it so that I can play the title back in PowerDVD?

KylePete

Stunt Coordinator
Roman, I had something of the same problem with PowerDVD. I don't know why PowerDVD does it, but I switched to WinDVD and everything runs smoothly, now.

And I have absolutely no idea why Real player is able to play it well even though it would be using the same codec.

Best of luck.

Kyle

RomanSohor

Second Unit
I wish changing software was so simple for me; I support over 100 computers in multimedia classrooms on a college campus and Dell ships PowerDVD with them. I doubt I'll get the money for a site liscence for WinDVD. The issues seem to be with the one prof.,and she now knows all about how to use Real Player!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks