DVD picture is pink w/ component vid + sony 27fs100??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Al.J, Jan 13, 2003.

1. Al.J

Al.J Auditioning

what up,

I just brought home a Sony 27FS100 27" flat tube trinitron tonight. I also bought a set of Monster Cable component vid cables. I noticed that when I run the component vid cables from my DVD to my TV, the DVD's play and the screen is a pink/magenta tinted color no matter what setting I adjust, the picture also has a cross-hatched xxx effect distortion to it. I made sure the component vid cables were plugged in correctly. However, when I swap over to S-vid, everything is fine and the picture is crystal clear. I have an extremely cheap DVD player which was a $50. special at the grocery store....could this be the cause of the problem? I doubt my new Sony is. Any help is appreciated!

--LowTech

2. EdD

EdD Agent

Your $50 player has component video out? That seems unusual to me.

Check your connections again and check the manual for the DVD player to make sure the cables are plugged in to the right jacks. Other than that, check to see if your cables have a signal flow arrow and make sure they are pointing away from the dvd towards the tv.

Not sure what else it could be.

3. Walt Williams

My neighbor had a similar problem with a HTIB that he bought at Walmart. Component picture was red and S-video was fine, so he asked me to look at it for him after he had checked all the cables several times over. We figured out that you have to turn on the component outputs in the setup menu. I forget what brand it is, maybe Magnavox - but the DVD and receiver are integrated into one unit. Hope this helps.

4. Al.J

Al.J Auditioning

what up,

Thanks for the help everyone! I found out there was a setup menu for the DVD player itself where I had to manually change the video output mode from S-vid to component, so Walt you were correct. Thanks for the help!

-LowTech