What's new

DVD Picture Freezes (1 Viewer)

Jonathan W

Agent
I have a Panasonic F85. After playing about 150 disks on this player (which I've owned for two months) I have not notices any cases where the picture has frozen and I could not fast-forward through to get the picture moving. That is, until yesterday, while watching the TokyoPop disk VERSUS. At exactly 58 minutes into the film, the picture just freezes. The only thing I can do to get past it is to enter the time 0:58:04 into the player - jumping the film just enough seconds ahead to get out of this log jam. Either that or jumping to the next chapter and rewinding to as close to the frozen moment as I can without getting stuck again. What makes this happen on an otherwise healthy DVD player?

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
It's most likely the disc. Or it could be a case where this player is not compatible with this disc. I have discs that will play flawlessly on one player but give another player problems.

What condition is the disc in?

Jonathan W

Agent
Thanks for the swift response. This disk appears to be in mint condition. No scratches or markings.

This player - the F85 - appears to be more sensitive than others I've owned in the past. It has had trouble with a handful of disks that pixelate in one or two spots. When a flawed disk is exchanged, the new disk always plays just fine.

JamesCB

Second Unit
This disk appears to be in mint condition. No scratches or markings.
Sometimes the damage is on the lable side where it is nearly impossible to notice. Many people don't realize that the label side is where the information is (just under the label). Are you able to exchange it for a new disc? It could be a manufacturing defect.

Stelios

Stunt Coordinator
Maybe it's too cold inside! Switch on the heater...
Seriously though, clean the DVD lens.

Stelios

Todd Robertson

Second Unit
yup....does the same thing here. I'm using a panny S35. it also did it on my Denon 1200. I'm getting a replacement shipped tomorrow and hope that solves the problem. it plays all the way through after the freeze point.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks