DVD Picture Freezes

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by Jonathan W, Dec 8, 2003.

1. Jonathan W

Jonathan W Agent

I have a Panasonic F85. After playing about 150 disks on this player (which I've owned for two months) I have not notices any cases where the picture has frozen and I could not fast-forward through to get the picture moving. That is, until yesterday, while watching the TokyoPop disk VERSUS. At exactly 58 minutes into the film, the picture just freezes. The only thing I can do to get past it is to enter the time 0:58:04 into the player - jumping the film just enough seconds ahead to get out of this log jam. Either that or jumping to the next chapter and rewinding to as close to the frozen moment as I can without getting stuck again. What makes this happen on an otherwise healthy DVD player?

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

It's most likely the disc. Or it could be a case where this player is not compatible with this disc. I have discs that will play flawlessly on one player but give another player problems.

What condition is the disc in?

3. Jonathan W

Jonathan W Agent

Thanks for the swift response. This disk appears to be in mint condition. No scratches or markings.

This player - the F85 - appears to be more sensitive than others I've owned in the past. It has had trouble with a handful of disks that pixelate in one or two spots. When a flawed disk is exchanged, the new disk always plays just fine.

4. JamesCB

JamesCB Second Unit

5. Stelios

Stelios Stunt Coordinator

Maybe it's too cold inside! Switch on the heater...
    Seriously though, clean the DVD lens.

Stelios

6. Todd Robertson

Todd Robertson Second Unit

yup....does the same thing here. I'm using a panny S35. it also did it on my Denon 1200. I'm getting a replacement shipped tomorrow and hope that solves the problem. it plays all the way through after the freeze point.