What's new

dvd picture flicker? (1 Viewer)

nate g

Auditioning
well its not much of a flicker. When viewing a DVD, normally during a darker scene. The picture seems to get a bit lighter for a few seconds..then goes back to normal..then light..then back. I've checked my levels and it still happens. Is this the movies or my equipment?

My equipment: 27" Samsung Dyna-Flat (using 16:9 mode)
Sony DVD (non-progressive)
Monster Component Cables

Dan Stone

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for this post. I've noticed the same thing on one of my setups and have often wondered about it. I have three different DVD setups in the house and have only seen it on one, though, so I've been left to believe it's my equipment. I think I've narrowed it down to either my TV (a 1990 Mitsubishi direct view) or my DVD player (cheap Toshiba model, also non-progressive, that's just under two years old), but since I don't seem to notice the light pulsing with any other source I've been strongly leaning towards believing the DVD player is the cause. Perhaps some others have ran into this problem and can share their experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks