DVD Peeve

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Stephen Cui, Nov 13, 2001.

1. Stephen Cui

Stephen Cui Auditioning

Is there a site of some sort that can warn about impending DVD special releases.
    It really peeves me when I rush out to buy the latest and greatest movie on DVD and a month later here it comes in a special fancy new edition..
    Anyone?

2. Jeff_A

Jeff_A Screenwriter

Welcome to the HTF, Stephen. The short answer is no; and this is a topic of endless discussion here. We all want the definitive version of everything we purchase. However, studios realize this and conveniently find additional extras to place in the latest (and greatest) release package and you are left with a serious decision.
    But relax, that is why you are here. To debate these issues. [​IMG]
    ------------------
    The Dark Tower
    [​IMG]

3. WoodyH

WoodyH Stunt Coordinator

You've probably found your best source right here at the HTF, actually. Not only are the majority of the members very well spoken and well informed, but we've become enough of a known force among the studios that we have the occasional studio rep post to answer questions and concerns, and have even influenced the release of discs that otherwise might not have seen the light of day (Zardoz, anyone? [​IMG]). In planning my purchases, I've found this board to be indispensable - come in, hang out, and join the fray! We don't always know everything that's upcoming...but there's often a better chance of finding info here than most other places, I've found.
    Oh - and welcome! [​IMG]
    ------------------
    Woody Hanscom
    My site: DJ'ing info, blog, and more...

4. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer