What's new

DVD Peeve (1 Viewer)

Stephen Cui

Auditioning
Is there a site of some sort that can warn about impending DVD special releases.
It really peeves me when I rush out to buy the latest and greatest movie on DVD and a month later here it comes in a special fancy new edition..
Anyone?

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
Welcome to the HTF, Stephen. The short answer is no; and this is a topic of endless discussion here. We all want the definitive version of everything we purchase. However, studios realize this and conveniently find additional extras to place in the latest (and greatest) release package and you are left with a serious decision.
But relax, that is why you are here. To debate these issues.
biggrin.gif

------------------
The Dark Tower
jamaris1.jpg

WoodyH

Stunt Coordinator
You've probably found your best source right here at the HTF, actually. Not only are the majority of the members very well spoken and well informed, but we've become enough of a known force among the studios that we have the occasional studio rep post to answer questions and concerns, and have even influenced the release of discs that otherwise might not have seen the light of day (Zardoz, anyone? :)). In planning my purchases, I've found this board to be indispensable - come in, hang out, and join the fray! We don't always know everything that's upcoming...but there's often a better chance of finding info here than most other places, I've found.
Oh - and welcome!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Woody Hanscom
Link Removed

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Welcome.
Everyone's previous postings are correct: noone can put you completely on the right track.
But I check in with these guys once in a while. It's NOT a regular stopping point for me, but maybe it will help you with what you need:
Link Removed
MORE TV ON DVD, PLEASE!
Do you like TV on DVD? Then check THIS out!
.....http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/.....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks