Dvd packaging cover tears

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Gavin_L, Sep 30, 2001.

1. Gavin_L

Gavin_L Second Unit

don't know if this is on topic, thought i saw someone posting about the same thing one time, but anyways close it if its not in the right place
    This pisses me off, I was just opening my The Simpsons Season 1 and the piece of paper they glued on the back ripped because it was stuck to the plastic, all i can say. THis isn't the first time it has happened to me, and it pisses me off the people who package the things don't pack it right. Happened with my waynes world cover too, someone didn't pack thing right, so when i pulled off the nice plastic sticky part while opening pulled part of the cover off. So now i have a nice part of the cover ripped. anyways has this happened to you guys before?
    I was wondering if theres anything we can do to have this happen less.

2. James Nguyen

James Nguyen Second Unit

Treat them like collectible toys, don't you realize that things are worth more when they're mint in box (MIB)!?!?
    I mean, why are you opening the shrink wrapping and security stickers on your DVDs anyhow? [​IMG]
    I feel your pain though, my Simpsons cover is also a bit torn due to the same reason.. ah well.. [​IMG]

3. streeter

streeter Screenwriter

Michael
    Think having it happen to a Simpsons box is bad? I had the same thing happen when I opened (quite carefully, mind you) my James Bond Collection #3.
    Fortunately I'll be buying one of those engraved cases for it.

4. Mark Hammon

Mark Hammon Stunt Coordinator

I've had a lot of covers torn by 'security stickers' I returned 7 copies of LOST SOULS because it took off the glossy layer where the sticker had been.
    The only way the studios will get the message is to keep returning the DVDs. I open my DVDs in the parking lot to make sure that if a cover is ruined by a sticker OR if a Disc has a broken hold down that I can return the disc immediately and tell the store why. My CAPE FEAR remake (double disc) had one of the disc wedged inbetween the package and was scratched beyond playability.
    I can't say how many times I've seen clerks throw brand new DVDs or CDs (even) onto a counter or into a basket behind the counter.
    My 2 cents
    Mark Hammon

5. Eric_T_B

Eric_T_B Extra

6. Tom-G

Tom-G Screenwriter

Tom G
    Eric you can swear in your posts, but the rules state you can't direct said words to other members or use swear words in the thread titles. [​IMG] We are all adults here...for the most part!
    I would follow Mark's advice and return the disc. There is no reason why we have to accept DVDs with damaged artwork due to someone else's bad placement of security stickers.
    ------------------
    As for the bad rap about the characters--hey, I've seen space operas that put their emphasis on human personalities and relationships. They're called "Star Trek" movies. Give me transparent underwater cities and vast hollow senatorial spheres any day. --Roger Ebert on The Phantom Menace
    AIM: Aureus91 / DVDs / ICQ: 58566493

7. James Nguyen

James Nguyen Second Unit

I'm telling you guys.....just don't open up your DVDs! They'll be collector's items some day.. sure you'll get laughed at now, but think of all the kids in say the 50s who never opened up their GI Joes out of their boxes...who's laughing now huh?!?!!?! [​IMG]

8. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

All my DVDs have been graded Gem Mint 10. Now I just have to wait awhile.
    ------------------