What's new

DVD or CD player with RF remote? (1 Viewer)

Yong Chan

Stunt Coordinator
Need some suggestions, I have my receiver on my third floor that powers my speakers throughout the house. I need a CD player or DVD player that plays CD's that can be controlled by a RF remote from anyware in the house. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
yc

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Yong,

As far as I know, no one makes a source component of any kind that comes with a RF remote. However, there are separate remotes you can buy that do IR/RF conversion. I think Radio Shack may sell one.

By the way, we aren’t supposed to include equipment lists in our signatures. You might want to change it before a Moderator notices. See #6 at this link, Forum Rules and FAQ.

What you can do is have the Forum create an equipment page for you, then you can put the link in your signature. Go the the index page and select “Galleries” under the “Options” icon.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Bose Lifestyle systems come with RF remotes, but there's no way I would recommend their stuff. :D

There are some receivers that do have RF capability as well, but by far the easiest way would be to get a universal that has RF capability or even the RF kit that can be added to any remote:

http://www.nghp.net/, and I believe it was on sale at www.partsexpress.com

I haven't tried it yet, but it got a good review at Audioholics.

My personal experience is with URC using the URC-100 (or 200) and the RF extender. It works flawlessly in the most recent installation I did, which is basically the same as what it sounds like you've done - a receiver and a CD jukebox upstairs. Nothing to configure with this setup, the remote is already RF capable and the base station just picks up and relays the signal. They can both be found quite inexpensively at www.avtoybox.com It's a very easy to use remote that is fairly easy to program.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks