What's new

DVD Music Concerts! (1 Viewer)

Brian Bernardin

Auditioning
Apparently, The Cranberries were not happy with the final DVD product, and had it recalled. They plan to release it again sometime soon.

StephenC

Stunt Coordinator
I really enjoyed Madonna's Drowned world tour dvd.The dts track is excellent!

BTW,has anyone picked up U2's Rattle and Hum?How is the picture and audio?

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
I've been considering getting the U2 Elevation tour DVD... Im not a huge fan of theirs, but their recent music is pretty good...

My dad wants Metallica S&M, and i kinda want it too.. but my dads a cheapskate and wont buy it for $45 CAD... :p)

Doug Pyle

Second Unit
Real Name
Doug
Madonna's Drowned World Tour is a big hit with my wife (she's taken over the player!). I'm not a fan, but I find that her live versions are less 'studio-cooked' and more loose and rough-edged like good old rock is supposed to be. I like many tunes on the DVD that I didn't in the original studio versions.

YES: An Evening of Yes Music, Plus is a great performance with good sound. But I hear it is OOP. If so, grab it if you find it still on a shelf somewhere.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Rattle and Hum is ... okay I guess. Pretty grainy, but then the film always was.

Still I'm not sure it was the greatest treatment the film could have received. But I still love it anyway.

Nick, much of the Elevation set list is material off the new album, and also several songs from Achtung Baby, so you would probably still like it. However, for us older fans it is still a nice mix that is appropriate for a band supporting a new hit album that also has a large catalog of older stuff.

Larry Fletcher

Stunt Coordinator
The cranberries dvd? Give me the Corrs dvd any day of the week and twice on sunday over the cranberries.
MMMMMMM.... Andrea Corr:) :)

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Seth, thats good...I dont have their CD, but like i said, do like a few of their songs... might be worth picking up.. maybe ill wait for the DTS version... :)

Jeff Leeds

Stunt Coordinator
Dude, there are tons of great ones out there, but I know what you mean, I'm aching for more. I just picked up the Kinks One for the Road, which for a 1980 recording is pretty cool, not in the Two Against Nature or Eagles HFO by any notion, but I love the Kinks so I had to have it. Also I've recently picked up the new Who concert with a DTS track, it rocks, Moody Blues with DTS.

I have to say, when it comes to music DVDs if it has DTS I have to have it! Give the Don Henley a spin, awesome too. There are lots of other cool ones around. Too bad the sound on Led Zep "the song remains the same" isn't too good but that is a pretty old recording.

todd stone

Screenwriter
The ones I currently own:

Ozzy Osbourne - Live and Loud

Queen - We will rock you

Sting - All this time

I too would like more info about that police dvd concert

paul h

Supporting Actor
Hoping that Depeche Mode release Devotional on DVD, i know they're working on a DVD for their lastest Exciter tour.

Only 2 weeks till Nine Inch Nails live on DVD! I saw the show twice live and the sound was incredible, have high hopes for the DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks