What's new

DVD Music Concerts! (1 Viewer)

Ralph Caceres

Auditioning
How come we do not see more concerts shown on DVD. I would like to see; example KISS Farewell Concert on 16x9 / 5.1 DTS, Led Zep., Aerosmith, groups like these, whould do you guys think???

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
I'd like some early KISS footage from their Alive concert. The audio for the CD probably had video footage shot of the same concert. They could sync them for a concert with audio quality. Also, Animalize LIVE/uncensored is a good concert from their 80's "glam metal" days.

Olivia, Basia and Swing Out Sister concerts are others that I'd love to have.

Clint B

Second Unit
I wouldn't be surprised if KISS decides to film their last shows on the farewell tour (which they claim haven't happened yet). I'm betting they do a multi night stand at Madison Square Garden and they film some of it for a DVD (kind of like Springsteen and the E Street Band did). As far as Zeppelin is concerned, I know that "The Song Remains The Same" is available on DVD. It chronicles their tour from 1973(?). I've not seen it, but I've heard that while the video is 16X9 enhanced, the audio isn't great.

As far as other concert DVD's to get, the Eagles "Hell Freezes Over" and Sting's "All This Time" are excellent.

Jim Golden

Stunt Coordinator
I recommend:

1. The Cranberries "Beneath the Skin"

2. AC/DC "Stiff Upper Lip" *Note some of the distance video shots are fuzzy, but the music sounds great!

3. Sting "Brand New Day Tour"

4. Fleetwood Mac "The Dance."

Jim

William_L

Grip
I just got "The Go-Go's, Live from Central Park" a couple of weeks ago. If you're a Go-Go's fan, it a great DVD to own, also have Fleetwood Mac, The Dance and Gloria Estefan. Also have a couple of old Laser Disk concerts

Brian Bernardin

Auditioning
Don't forget to try King Crimson's "deja VROOOM", one of the best music DVDs out there.

Personally, I'd like to see more Crimson material, as well as more Todd Rundgren stuff, including the "Live In Japan" video.

Also, more Joe Jackson, Negativland, Frank Zappa (ESPECIALLY) and Radiohead.

-Brian

Jakob_S

Stunt Coordinator
and Sting's "All This Time" are excellent.
You got that right! It's highly recommended for everyone interested in music and a must-have for every Sting/Police fan. The DVD quality is very hight and so is the intimate performance (which is recorded on the tragic day - the 11th september - and therefor dedicated to those who lost their lifes on that day). Besides the main feature the DVD contains a very good 70 min. documentary.
Speaking of Police, I fell over this - have anybody heard of this Police DVD and can give me (and others) some info about it????

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
Looks like Godsmack has a live dvd coming out soon.Anybody have any details or an early copy?If so,is it good?I am looking foward to this one.

Chris Xolotl

Second Unit
I hate Godsmack. But I saw most of the DVD last week. Filmed in Video (thank god!). The dts sounded kinda weak, but the 5.1 sounded fuller. I wonder if they just switched the flags or something.

Really, not a bad DVD.

Frank_S

Supporting Actor
Styx/REO Speedwagon has a DVD which is really good.

Frampton in Detroit-Excellent

Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers-At the Filmore-

Eurythmics,Peace Tour-Great except for out of synch clapping

Black Sabbath-Last Supper-Very good

The Moody Blues at The Royal Albert Hall-Excellent

Deep Purple-Very Good

McCartney,Live at The Cavern Club-Very Good

Don't forget "The Wall" Pink Floyd, a classic movie!

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor
If you like the music of Pink Floyd than you must have the Roger Waters In The Flesh DVD.

CalvinC

Stunt Coordinator
1. Jazz channel presents BB King

2. Genesis - I can't dance

3. Journey 2001

4. Don Henley

5. Kenny Loggins

6. Tina Turner

7. Earth Wind & Fire

8. Eric Clapton - Unplugged

9. Christopher Cross (sound is weak)

10. Steely Dan - Two against nature

11. Billy Joel Live from Yankee Stadium

These are a few that I have that haven't been mentioned.

Chris Xolotl

Second Unit
Calvin: The BET B.B. King is simply amazing. Such a great production. I even ripped it onto a CD, so I could hear it in the car.

My favorite concert DVDs:

1) B.B. King - Jazz Channel Presents

2) Joe Satriani - 2 DVD Set

3) Santana - Supernatural

4) Stevie Ray - Elmocombo

5) Metallica - S&M (2.0 Band track)

6) Wendy O Williams - Bump N Grind

My least favorite:

1) Black Flag Live

Most Anticipated:

1) Slayer - Live in San Francisco 2001

Greg_C_T

Second Unit
I want to see a Van Halen with David Lee Roth era concert on DVD. Heck, even the infamous '83 U.S. Festival would be great! Come on, Warner Bros--that footage is in the vaults somewhere!

As for existing DVD's, I hear James Taylor's is good, and Bon Jovi's recent release of the Crush tour is excellent.

KevinJ

Supporting Actor
the yes house of yes dvd is pretty good though my disc's showing signs of possible laser rot

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Some that I recently bought and enjoyed...

Sade - Live

U2 - Elevation

Cranberries - Live

Eurythmics - Peace Tour

I have really been loading up on DVD music lately it seems. I have about 20 concert/video DVDs and several DTS and DVD-A discs now.

Thomas_A

Second Unit
just found Elton Johns live DVD tonight...and is most excellent.. DD and DTS loaded- over 2.5hrs worth..of hits recorded at the Garden in 2000...

ConradC

Grip
Anyone know where I can pick up the Cranberries DVD? I've searched everywhere and no one seems to have it in stock anymore. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks