What's new

DVD/MP3 Head Unit? (1 Viewer)

Does such a thing exist, that will play MP3 off of a DVD? Are these coming out? Is this something someone is thinking about doing. A play all DVD player?

I konw they have DVD players that play CD's and MP3s off of CDs, but I wanna play off of DVD's

Sean^M

Stunt Coordinator
I've seen this asked before in another forum I moderate, and nobody seems to know of any DVD-MP3 capable head units yet.

KurtW

Stunt Coordinator
I've heard rumors about the next generation of Pioneer and Kenwood units, that already have DVD and MP3-CD playback, that they'll go to DVD MP3 with next year's stuff.

That, to me, makes the most sense, and is probably where the industry is progressing to. And being able to fit ALL my MP3s on a dozen or so DVDs would be nice.

From what I understand, All current Kenwood DVD/mp3 units will play mp3's on DVD.

As well as the Alpine DVA-7996. Keep in mind though, that the 7996 is not an in-dash screen. It is a regular head unit with DVD capability. Albeit a very high quality head unit. Even has an optical out.

I do not know for sure if any other brands/models support mp3 on dvd, but if I hear anything I will post it up.

Hope this helps.

Tim Dogg

Agent
I have the Kenwood kvt-915 dvd and I burn mp3 dvd discs all the time.Its pretty crazy having 1 disc with that much music on them.You must break the disc down to folders or it would take you forever to find what your looking for going song by song.
I have one Rush DVD I made which has every album they ever made ripped down to 192bps.I think I have like 12 albums on one dvd with probably room for 12 more.
Ive narrowed my cd collection down in my truck from carrying around a big suitcase full of cds to 2 overhead visers with 24 burned cds and dvds.
Yes what we can do nowadays is truley incredable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks