DVD Jobs available in Los Angeles

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Morgan Holly, Nov 8, 2001.

1. Morgan Holly

Morgan Holly Agent

I read the rules and can’t find anything that prohibits this since it is directly related to DVD software, and I can’t think of a better group to put this in front of. Please administrate me if I offend [​IMG]
    Many of you know me, some of you don’t. I’m the Managing Director of a DVD facility in Los Angeles. I’m hiring several positions in the coming weeks. The first two are DVD Authoring positions. Ideally I would like people with Authoring experience, but programming experience on NT and/or UNIX platforms and a love for DVD would suffice. HTML doesn’t count as programming experience around here. I need people that are fast, efficient, and detail oriented.
    The other position is in Quality Control. This position requires a VERY good set of eyes. You will be looking for tape hits, compression artifacts, and testing every button on the discs.
    It’s a great opportunity if you want to get your foot in the door at an established DVD C&A facility and learn the intricacies of making a DVD. We have lots of big toys. The positions are junior and pay $12-$16/hour depending on your qualifications.
    If interested please fax me your resume at 310-899-7230. Don’t bother sending me an email at my hotmail account, I haven’t read it for a long time.
    ------------------
    www.bitpress.com

2. Kirk Lambert

Kirk Lambert Auditioning

Morgan,
    I've worked in the entertainment industry for about 6 years now. Mostly all in video games. I was thinking about moving over to DVD. I have a few friends that have made the move. Do you know of or could you point me in a direction of any Producer/Director jobs for DVD's? Thanks in advance.
    Kirk Lambert

3. Morgan Holly

Morgan Holly Agent

Most DVD producers are independant. Your best bet is to intern/work for one of them until you get up to speed. Or you can take the bull by the horns and approach the studios directly with a proposal and a budget.
    ------------------
    www.bitpress.com

4. Phu Vo

Phu Vo Stunt Coordinator

Shoot.
    Morgan,
    Is there a possibility that I can telecommute from the Silicon Valley? That would be lovely. A pure dream job.
    BTW, Love your website's informative view of 16x9 on a 4x3 set found here: http://www.bitpress.com/16x9/16X9.htm
    [Edited last by Phu Vo on November 08, 2001 at 08:52 PM]

5. Shawn C

Shawn C Screenwriter

Speaking of telecommuting, I live in Las Vegas and work for a company in Annandale (D.C.) VA. It sure is sweet! I write Portfolio Management software for money management firms.
    I just fly back to VA. about every two months or so to say "HI". With my broadband connection and e-mail there really isn't a reason for me have to be there...
    Muahahahaha
    My daily routine:
    6:45 roll out of bed
    6:50-6:55 make a bowl of cereal
    6:55-6:56 avoid the traffic while walking upstairs (my dogs)
    6:56-3:00 or 4:00 Work
    Rest of the day is mine..
    Who's yer daddy?

6. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill Ambassador

Steve Tannehill
    Wow, do jobs like that really pay so low?
    - Steve

7. Morgan Holly

Morgan Holly Agent

The jobs are entry-level Steve, experienced authors are actually paid quite well.
    ------------------
    www.bitpress.com

8. Morgan Holly

Morgan Holly Agent

Sorry Phu, you can't telecomute unless you have an emulator, a digital betacam and a T3 connection.
    ------------------
    www.bitpress.com

9. Nigel McN

Nigel McN Supporting Actor

Damn this Pacific Ocean!
    and heres me having possibly my last exam ever on wednesday!
    sigh, maybe in another year,...

10. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Damn. I think I qualify (if so, at the most basic level).
    BUT, I'd have to move to Calf. AND take a huge cut in pay to do it.
    No way, esp. w/cost of living in Calf. so high. Sorry. [​IMG]
    DAVE
    Memphis