DVD Intro

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Jason_M, Jan 25, 2004.

1. Jason_M

Jason_M Stunt Coordinator

i am a newbie to this forum and have tons of questions. i ran across these DVD intros you can have custom made with your name on them. This is my question, do you put these in your dvd player first play it then have to take it out and put in your movie and then play the movie? If so it seems kind of like a waist of time. i like the idea if it were stored in the dvd player some how as an intro instead of putting it in everytime before the dvd movie. I hope this makes sense, can someone shed some light on this for me. Thanks.

2. Cahyo Wicaksono

Cahyo Wicaksono Stunt Coordinator

agreed, it is a waste of time and a waste of money.

3. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

If you use a HTPC (home theater personal computer) instead of a standard DVD player, you can easily load the intros to launch before the feature.

-vince

4. Martino

Martino Supporting Actor

Martin O.
    It would also work much better if you had a multi-disk DVD player. It doesn't make much since for a single disk player...

5. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    I had a Toshiba 5109 (I'm pretty sure that's the model) and it allowed you to take a screen cap from any movie to use as a menu background (as opposed to the standard blue or gray). Though not as neat as a moving intro, it would be cool to design your own "sign" and capture it in the player, so any time the player turns on or the movie is stopped, you'd have your custom theater sign.

I never took it that far, but I did capture the mountain range shot at the end of Final Fantasy. Neat feature.

Not sure if latest Toshiba players have this though.

6. Jonas Pearson

Jonas Pearson Stunt Coordinator

Some people also use a cheap second DVD player.

The point is, especially for those who have built dedicated theaters as opposed to having a home theater in the living or some other room, to make it more theaterlike. That's why people have popcorn machines, ticket booths, lights that dim by remote control, rope lights, etc. in their theaters.

My guests are most impressed with our custom intro in DTS 5.1 projecting onto a 110" screen.