What's new

dvd/house/project review-goal & equip & plan (1 Viewer)

stantallships

Auditioning
Real Name
stan
Gentleman,

Now that I've taken my lumps for being a newbie (which included being booted by someone demanding respect from the beginners group & a request for redress from chris here in advanced) I believe I can make clear to you my goals, equipment, and plan I wish to undertake in order that you might comment.

GOAL: I have a great audio portion of a home theatre system that is centrally located in my home. While I may not have the Plasma screen to go with it currently, that is not my goal. I like to entertain large numbers of people in several different rooms of my house. I play concert dvds for entertaining and these set the tempo for the party. I want a way to take music and/or video to the outlying parts of the house without totally rewiring the house.

EQUIPMENT: I have a Denon a/v receiver with 4 B&W LM1's in the main room, Infiniti center, and Twin 10" Subs. Video is a standard 32" flat. If I run my comcast direct from the street to the proposed [video modulator ]

partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=180-795

then to the rest of the existing tv network, I should be able to pipe dvd video and mts audio signal to all rooms via a selected channel. While I know that this may not meet the highest standard for video purest, keep in mind the following about the additional rooms' setups: there are 6 rooms with video or audio feeds to be serviced. None of the TV's are over 20" and I am not using HDTV signal. The idea here is simplicity and elegance not chair rocking six foot screens. Sort of the understated, but an over-achiever. 2 rooms will have sony tv sound, 1 room will have 3:1 sub comp. amp., 1 is the porch with outdoor speakers which seems to suck no matter what.

PLAN: Just do it ! I like that this project will keep the doors open down the road. With things coming and going so quickly, it is hard to know where we will be in five years. I stream music wirelessly from desktop to stereo for about three years now. The next wave is coming in another two years. It will be audio and video touchscreen from remote. Sort of like a giant i-pod for your home stereo with all albums and all movies. See Here for a sneek peak - only six grand today [[ [qsonix.com/ ]] If I buy this in three years everything I do today is still useful. I can update tvs or tv audio as needed. I don't think wireless will be able to do the job quite as well.

Don't worry about wiring your zones and controlling different sources with from different locations. Just have one great setup to do it all when needed and give the kids the portable $99 dvd player instead when you need flexibility.

Thanks,

Stan

Sunny, Sarasota, Florida

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks