What's new

DVD Hookup (1 Viewer)

RonGecan

Agent
Sorry, this has probably been asked a million times, but any suggestions on getting audio from my DVD player? I just bought a Denon 1082 (aka 3802) and a set of Axiom surround sounds. Started last night, but only set up the Axiom fronts just to get the ball rolling and make sure my other connections where fine. I hooked the audio out of my Sony DVD player first using digital coax and then by standard RCA jacks. In neither case could I get sound to play. I have nothing special for the TV, so it's just a straight RCA connection through the receiver and that comes through fine.

I have an optical connection for my CD player and that works fine. I also have the tuner routed from the cable box through the receiver and that works fine too.

As for the DVD, I first assumed that I didn't have the proper digital settings, so that's why I switched to RCA connections. But now I'm stumped and the manual has provided only limited help thus far.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ron.

marc

Stunt Coordinator
Make sure that you have the DVD set on the receiver to coax input for digital signal. It may be set for optical. That is how it is on my 3200.

RonGecan

Agent
Yeah, I did that ok and had the CD player working through the optical connection. Even had I messed that aspect up I don't think that would be a concern since it's not playing through the RCA ports. I'll have to tinker some more. Likely some Denon audio setting in a set-up menu somewhere, but not sure.

Any other ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks