DVD Hookup to Receiver and RPTV

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JamesJ, Apr 18, 2002.

1. JamesJ

JamesJ Auditioning

I haven't received all my equipment yet so this is a theoretical question...

If I hookup my DVD player to my receiver via S-Video and also hook it up to my RPTV via Component, will the DVD player output to both devices?

Basically I need to component hookup in order to get the best signal to the TV and the S-Video hookup to the receiver so that I can tape off the DVD to the VCR (using a Macrovision-free DVD player.)

Thanks,

JamesJ

2. JasonKrol

JasonKrol Supporting Actor

woops

there is a very strict policy on pirating Copyrighted material on this forum. Someone Im sure will post the rules and regulations, but doing what you said is a big nono!

3. JamesJ

JamesJ Auditioning

What about if I'm trying to copy a Macrovision free DVD (someone's home made dvd) onto a tape. I'm just trying to figure out if both outputs will work at the same time.

JamesJ

4. Allan Jayne

Allan Jayne Cinematographer

On some players all of the outputs are active at the same time, others require a switch selection for component vs. S-video. Progressive scan players usually require a switch selection for progressive versus regular output.
    With a very few model specific restrictions you can even run both S-video and component cables to the receiver, into the same jack bank in back. You will need both component and S-video cables going to the TV, to different jack banks (Video 1, Video 2). This would be useful if you don't have enough component inputs on your TV.
    Video hints:
    http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm

5. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    Welcome to the forum James.

JasonKrol is correct. There are to be no discussions of ways & means to defeat copy protection on the forum. This forum is visited be members of the industry so we must be careful what we allow here. For any discussions of this matter, please confine it to e-mails amongst yourselves.

Thanks,