What's new

dvd help pls (1 Viewer)

sam_sark

Grip
just bought a dvds530 yesterday and hooked it on to the tv..i have a philips 21inch flatscreen tv....the onscreen txt of the dvd looked kind of hazy and so did the picture...i tried the dvd on my computer and the picture on the computer was crystal clear but the tv picture was not too that standard..there seemed to be a slight haze infront....are my eyes playing tricks on me or am i doing something wrong..any ideas ?

Bill_Wil

Stunt Coordinator
Welcome to the forum Sam,
I'm certainly no expert but since nobody is responding to your problem right now I'll tell you what I can think of. First of all your computer monitor is able to display a much higher resolution than your TV so the picture will look better.
I looked in the owners manual for my DVD player (panasonic) and the only thing I can come up with under troubleshooting is when you have your DVD player set to output progressive scan and your TV isnt capable of displaying that. It says to switch your DVD player to interlaced output instead.
I dont even know if your DVD player has progressive scan or not or if your TV can display that but it's all I could come up with.
Good luck!!

Bill

sam_sark

Grip
tx bill...my dvd player is not a progressive scan one...i was told a progressive scan is not much help unless a have a high resolution tv like plasma and stuff.....maybe becoz my computer has higher resolution it shows crystal clear image...lets see if any experts give their opinion

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Sam, how does the onscreen text from the DVD player compare to onscreen text on the TV that comes on OTA?

It may be that your TV can not resolve any more detail than you are seeing right now and that the only way to get a picture that is closer to what you see on your computer will be to buy a new TV.

But I admit that I don’t know much about Phillips’ flatscreen displays, so I could be completely wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks