DVD help: Anyone know about the Sony DVPNS900V?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by AngelaG, Dec 3, 2001.

1. AngelaG

AngelaG Auditioning

I can't seem to find a thing about it anywhere, so any help would be much appreciated.

At this stage I just want a progressive scan player with multichannel SACD. I'm not sure about the progressive-scan part on this player though.

It's actually becoming a tiresome search, though. Should I just forget the SACD and go with DVD-A instead?

2. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Angela, welcome to the Forum! The Sony DVP-NS900V is a progressive-scan DVD player and offers playback of stereo and multi-channel SACDs. Crutchfield has it for $1000. Here is a link to some good information on their web site:
    http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S...VPNS9H&o=P&a=0
    If you live in the US, brick-and-mortar stores such as Good Guys and Tweeter should have the 'NS900V so you can see it in person. Note, however, that authorized mail-order dealers should have it for less than Crutchfield or brick-and-mortar stores. Authorized mail-order dealers to check for good prices are Oade Bros. (1-229-228-0093 or 1-229-228-4480), OneCall (1-800-340-4770), and J&R Music World (1-800-221-8180). I've ordered from all three, and all are great dealers. Note, however, that OneCall does not accept returns for a refund, so be sure you want an item before ordering from them. They will exchange a defective item for a new one, of course.

3. AngelaG

AngelaG Auditioning

Thanks so much for your help Keith [​IMG]

4. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

No problem, Angela. Glad to help.

5. Doug_B

Doug_B Screenwriter

The DVP-NS900V is on the current Group Buys list. Go to the Group Buys area.

Doug