What's new

DVD for Pioneer Elite 50" -- tosh 4800 or pana RP82? (1 Viewer)

tom milton

Agent
i've sifted and searched and these 2 seem to be the favorites in the relatively inexpensive models. i'll be using the unit with a 10 year old pioneer elite rear projection set (not 16:9 ratio). i plan on going HDTV in 2-3 years.

i just want to check to see if there is any compelling argument for one over the other (or something else) for my particular setup.

thanks very much!

Bryan Guth

Agent
I own the Panasonic unit as well as the Toshiba 5700, which is a discontinued silver model that the 4800 replaced. The two Tosh players are remarkably similar, save for the Kodak Picture CD function, which I have read mixed reviews on. Either unit would be a good bet for you. If your main concern is the best picture quality, the Panasonic RP82 is the one to choose. If you would rather have lots of bells and whistles (some you'll find useful, others are more novel) than get the Toshiba. I doubt you'll be disappointed with either unit!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks