What's new

DVD for Pets, In 5.1! (1 Viewer)

Anthony Liz

Stunt Coordinator
This is the funniest thing I've read all week...

GRANADA HILLS, Calif.--Aug. 14, 2002--The speeDVD(R) Co. today announced the release of its "DIGITAL DAYCARE FOR PETS(R)" DVD, a first-of-its-kind DVD shot entirely from a dog's perspective.

Intended for the dog who has everything, this unique dual-layer DVD includes both Dolby Digital(R) and DTS(R) 5.1 channel surround sound tracks and over two-hours of material programmed to auto-play in a random, non-stop continuous loop.

The DVD includes many fun 'doggy' favorite activities including: going for a walk, chasing the ball, taking a ride in the truck, attacking the vacuum cleaner, going to the doggy park and many other activities plus additional hidden clips only the pet will know about.

For pet owners, a set of motion with sound navigation menus are also included on the DVD which allow random access to the program as well as 'extras' such as production out-takes.

Joe Torcello, executive producer and co-owner of the speeDVD Co. said, "With the release of the 'DIGITAL DAYCARE FOR PETS' DVD, we're banking on the fact that pet owners are also likely DVD player owners too. For those pet-owners who don't yet own a DVD Player, the 'DIGITAL DAYCARE FOR PETS' DVD offers yet one more reason for them to get with the program."

At a suggested retail price of $9.99 each, speeDVD believes the "DIGITAL DAYCARE FOR PETS" DVD is reasonably priced. Some people think this one-of-a-kind DVD is serious, others think it's a bit 'wacky.' In either case, this DVD is a unique gift for everyone including their pet-owning friends and family dog.

Joe Torcello added, "Whether the video 'pet daycare' programming really works in getting every pet's attention is a moot point. We know many pet owners who leave on a TV or radio for their pets when they're away, so psychologically, the 'DIGITAL DAYCARE FOR PETS' DVD is just as much for people as it is for their home-bound pets."

speeDVD is initially targeting the pet market with the release of the "DIGITAL DAYCARE FOR PETS" DVD. Joe Torcello said, "We plan on selling single-quantity orders of the disc ourselves at retail via the internet, direct mail, phone orders and at trade shows with the majority of our sales to pet wholesalers, distributors and retailers being offered price breaks at quantity 10, 20, 50 and 100."

In production of the DVD, speeDVD decided to leave open certain sales options for the "DIGITAL DAYCARE FOR PETS" DVD, choosing to take delivery of the replicated DVD discs on a spindle along with empty black DVD boxes and package and ship the DVD discs themselves.

This marketing approach provides speeDVD the flexibility to offer 'custom' DVD wrap print-artwork for the DVD box itself. Joe Torcello stated, "For example, if a pet food company, pet supply wholesaler, veterinarian, pet retailer or pet groomer decided to buy the DVD disc as a 'promotion,' then speeDVD can custom print and package special 'Compliments Of...' DVD jackets including the customer's logo and message for those orders."

speeDVD is shipping hundreds of promotional 'pre-release' DVD disc copies to pet radio and TV outlets, pet trade magazines, veterinarians, pet supply distributors, pet groomers and pet gift shop retailers as well as contacting thousands of potential buyers via direct mail.

The folks at speeDVD believe "DIGITAL DAYCARE FOR PETS" represents the best in thinking 'outside the litter box,' providing for a neglected new market of pet-oriented DVD video programming.

Pete M

Stunt Coordinator
If it's not anamorphic widescreen, my dog won't have anything to do with it. :D
I'll definitely try this out for my dog... I already have all the Baby Einstein's for my son to watch, so why not entertain my dog, too? :b

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
My cats keep asking me when their version comes. Both of them run out from wherever they are as soon as they here me turn on the projector and stare at the screen, attacking my mouse cursor as I set up the movie. They are addicted to Cats & Dogs. (widescreen of course :D)

John Stone

Supporting Actor
What a great way to put hundreds of needless hours on our DVD players... Sorry, I'll pass.
BTW, one of my dogs can definitely see what's on the TV screen. When I first brought him home several years ago, there was some ice-skating on the TV. He sat and tracked the movement of the skaters with his head for about a minute, then he reared up on his back legs and cried. Finally, he ran into the room located directly behind the TV to have a look and then came back out looking very puzzled. He has ignored the TV completely since that day, but I'll never forget his first reaction to it!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks