What's new

DVD File's review of Pulp Fiction is up!! (1 Viewer)

Jodee

Screenwriter
A major retailer (think employees in blue shirts) will have this on sale for $15.99, as well as the same price for Jackie Brown.

Plus, if you buy them both together you get a free DVD of From Dusk til Dawn (the non-SE).

I cancelled my online pre-order as this is too good a deal to pass up. Just passing along the info in case others want to do the same.....

Troy LaMont

Supporting Actor
I respect Dan's review and I don't have a problem with how he presented it.
The problem I have is with these ass backwards authoring companies that either don't QC or don't take the time to author the DVDs correctly. I'm still of the opinion that they don't do enough to make sure that the image quality is the best that it can be from beginning to end.
How is it that we have over 20,000 different DVD titles since 1997 and they still don't have the authoring down to a science?
I do understand the limitations and constraints of the DVD system as a whole, but when I see everything from "Hot Damned good", to "Who in the hell authored this?!", it chaffs my ass.
Some companies need to take a look at some of the best titles produced to date, make an attempt to mock their setup after that and try to obtain better results. Especially with high-demand titles like Pulp Fiction.:angry:
Anyway, Dan provided pictures of the anamolly, so I don't doubt that it's there, it's just a matter of how obnoxious it will be to see (a la Ep I).
Troy

Joseph Goodman

Stunt Coordinator
There shouldn't be any grain... DP Andrzej Sekula used Kodak 5245, the slowest and finest grained motion picture film available to shoot the the entire picture. Other movies shot by Sekula include "Reservoir Dogs" and "American Psycho".

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Looks like I'm gonna have to take off early tomorrow if I want to get ahold of this. There is no store within 40 miles of me which carries the new Pulp Fiction. My local Hastings said they will carry it, but like anything other than the latest popcorn flick, it will not be available there for at least few weeks. :angry:

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
Clinton, I used to work at Hastings and I've got to tell you, there's almost no reason to buy anything there. They have decent prices on used cds and paperbacks, but if you want anything newly released, you should never go there. They usually don't get stuff on the shelves by release date, either.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Jodee, thanks for the info on the blue-shirt deal. I was hoping they'd come up with something good. Off to cancel my pre-order...

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
Enrique, already posted it in the other thread, but in case you miss it, the new Pulp disc has a 5.57 average bitrate.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Thanks Jodee...I thought I'd missed it. For some reason, the 13th was sticking in my head as the release date.

Tom - I pretty much agree with you about buying from Hastings. When Top Secret was released, they did not get it until it had been out for 3 weeks!!! Unfortunately, unless I wish to travel over 50 miles one way, Hastings is the nearest thing to me. They are normally about $3-5 higher than Best Buy on most DVDs, but to me it's worth it to not have to drive forever and fight heavy Little Rock traffic, plus I can pop in real quick on my way to or from work. I live within 30 miles of 4 Wal-Mart stores and they all pretty much suck at stocking DVD titles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks