What's new

Dvd File reviews T3... (1 Viewer)

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
As I wasn't a huge fan of the film (though it's got it's merits), it's unlikely that I'll be getting this (I'm broke already with everything that's been out!), but could some kind soul tell me what the supposedly-horrible "Sgt. Candy" deleted scene is all about?

Mark-C

Stunt Coordinator
I haven't seen the deleted scene myself but from what I know it's a promo video that was going to be on display inside the military base and it shows that the design for the T-800's body, face and voice came from a person called Sgt Candy played by Arnie.

Dannie

Stunt Coordinator
well its the body and face! but not the voice! the voice was the thing they changed! godddd that voice it self was more like a gagreel in itself but still pretty stupid! and im not going to look at that dumb scene again to explain how his voice actually sounds

ErichH

Screenwriter
Having passed disk 1 two times, I'd agree the Audio & Video are excellent. As for the movie itself - to each his own.
A good choice for `Blow Em Up & work the subwoofer'

E

Peter Overduin

Supporting Actor
T3 is not nearly as bad as Pitch Black 3 will be. Thus is my prophecy spoken. It shall come to pass.

I looked forward to this one. The chase scenes were awesome both from a visual and auditory persepctive. Overall, the DVD is well done.

Much more so than were Wing Commander and Battlefield Earth, which were so horrendous that not even an English Major could redeem them with a review.

Raymond_H

Stunt Coordinator
I'm definetly buying this movie.

It wasn't deep, thought-provoking and it did have its share of story holes, but it sure did entertained the hell out of me.

Read the new Maxim (Jessica Alba cover) it has a interview with Quentin Tarantino and in it they ask for his favorite movies recently, in it he said T3 was probaly one of the bests of the year.

A good, solid action film. I cannot wait until November Tuesdays comes round, to many to buy.

Raymond

Antony James

Stunt Coordinator
I couldn't read that Maxim if I wanted to...every time I see the Alba cover, I pass out. ;)

Anyway, T3 rocks...bought it two days ago, loved it still.

And count me in as the one person who actually didn't mind the Sgt Candy scene. (Although I am very glad it got cut, unto itself it ain't so bad.)

Jon Moss

Stunt Coordinator
Hey T3 naysayers.. even James Cameron enjoyed it!

"T1 and T2 director James Cameron recently talked with BBC1 and finally admitted he's very happy with Terminator 3. "In one word: Great. There was a small part of me that hoped it wasn't good - but another part of me hoped it succeeded. And it did. And I'm so glad it did. Jonathon's made a great movie. Arnold's in great form. I really like what he's done with it".

So if it was good enough for Cameron..

;)

Scott.T

Agent
I really enjoyed this movie and will be first in line to buy it when it gets released down under in December.

Brett C

Second Unit
I haven't seen anyone mention it here yet, but the Sgt Candy deleted scene was never ment to be included in the actual film, it was shot specifically for the video game...

David_Fr

Auditioning
I was watching my new T3 disk tonight, and I had an instance were the scene change was a little rough. When the phsychiatrist was talking to Miss Brewster why they sat on the back of an ambulance in the grave yard, the scene seems to almost pause and the audio drops out and they cut to the troops storming the building Arnold was in. Maybe it is just my player, but I thought i would check. I have a Pioneer 563A. The disc was brand new from CC.

Clay-F

Stunt Coordinator
On my extras disc I noticed a weird clicking noise when I took it out of the case.

Upon further inspection I see that air or something appears to be between the plastic layers of the inner plasitc ring. Is this a common problem?

It plays fine, I'm considering taking it back. I hate taking stuff back!

DanC

Stunt Coordinator
I was watching my new T3 disk tonight, and I had an instance were the scene change was a little rough. When the phsychiatrist was talking to Miss Brewster why they sat on the back of an ambulance in the grave yard, the scene seems to almost pause and the audio drops out and they cut to the troops storming the building Arnold was in. Maybe it is just my player, but I thought i would check. I have a Pioneer 563A. The disc was brand new from CC.
David, that was the layer change. Some players handle it better than others but I did notice it during that scene as well.

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
As your disc came from CC you must be talking about the R1. I have the R3 and the layer change is in the exact same place, supporting the theory that the discs are exactly the same, except for the R3 DTS track.

David_Fr

Auditioning
So it sounds like this might be normal. I am new to the purchasing of DVDs, because usually when I have seen a movie I usually do not watch it again for a long time. With my new home theater and some better equipment, I have found that I do not want to take chances anymore with rentals. I did not realize that you could pick up DTS versions of the movie from other regions. Where do you find these if I can ask?

Harminder

Second Unit
Real Name
Harminder
I did not realize that you could pick up DTS versions of the movie from other regions. Where do you find these if I can ask?
Some great places to buy other region DVD's are:

cd-wow.com
cdjapan.co.jp (strictly R2 Japan)
yesasia.com

Before you buy a DVD that's not R1, make sure you buy DVD's in NTSC encoding because R2 UK and R4 Austrailia are in PAL format. While R2 Japan and R3 are NTSC. I made that mistake twice as a newbie, but not anymore. Hope this helps. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks