DVD extra features

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by charles white, Aug 27, 2002.

1. charles white

charles white Second Unit

I know I'm going to be drawn and quartered by the villagers here but I must say it. For some movies, I don't need the trailers, deleted scenes and accompanying music videos on the disc nor spread over 2 discs. I just want the movie in anamorphic, choice of DTS or DD and maybe a single commentary. I just wish we had a choice in purchasing the "economy" or "luxury" version of a DVD. That ends my rant. Please return to your normal lives, citizens.

2. Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen Executive Producer

Even Criterion releases a significant number of titles sans extras.

3. jacob w k

jacob w k Stunt Coordinator

I'd like to see every disc come with at least a trialer and a commentary. Most of the time the other extras are just advertisements for the movie. The worst are the 10-15 minute making of features that are just the cast and crew talking about how great the movie is.[​IMG]

4. Pete Battista

Pete Battista Screenwriter

Pete
    I don't feel all titles need to be filled with extras.... even though extras is one of my favorite things about DVDs... but I would like to see every title to at least have the trailer.

I have allot of friends and family that I show movies too. and I like to show the trailer first when I do so everyone can decide if thats the movie they want to see... So no trailer is like a pet peeve for me... I actually get a little aggravated when its not there. :p)

Pete