What's new

DVD Express has cancelled the $0.75 Mad Max orders (1 Viewer)

Joe McCabe

Second Unit
I just recieved an email from DVD Express informing me that the preorder price for Mad Max SE was a mistake and will be cancelled.
So those of you who also tried to get it at this price should be notified also.
Oh well, I tried! :)
[Edited last by Joe McCabe on October 29, 2001 at 02:15 PM]

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, got the e-mail also. No big deal. My question is: why did it take so long for Dvd Express to send it? A little lax there.
------------------
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!
- Napoleon XIV

Jeff Swindoll

Supporting Actor
Ditto here, like I thought they'd honor it anyway
wink.gif
. Cheers.
------------------
I didnt play Dungeons and Dragons all those years and not learn something about courage.
--Bernie Faulkner

Peter Rohlfs

Second Unit
Real Name
Peter Rohlfs
Cancelled mine also.
I concur with what was said.
I thought maybe they were trying to generate a buzz since they've come back from being bankrupt. Well, if that was the goal, they succeeded. Not honoring the price and offering nothing in return certainly will generate a lot of talk.
Peter

Darrel McBane

Second Unit
Add me to the list.
I'm also surprised that no coupon or discount was offered for their mistake.
In the State of Washington. If you advertise a price it will be sold to the customer for that price.
I did read the policy info on the web site and they have the right under "their" rules to cancel.
But, I also have the right to remember!
wink.gif

------------------
Enjoy the Toys!

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
I did not think this order would go through, nor did I expect Express to handle this situation in a timely manner either. I figured I would give them another chance just because the price was so good, but they lost my business for good awhile ago with their shaddy service.
J

barry

Agent
They cancelled my copy also in a very untimely manner.
No discount or anything... So they have succeeded in throwing away my business.
Would anyone like to make predications on how long this reborn company will stay afloat?

Jeff Swindoll

Supporting Actor
Tomoko,
I agree with that statement. If I were in the DVD selling business, I'd sure try and find a way NOT to send out 75 cent mispriced DVDs
wink.gif
. I ordered one copy knowing full well that I'd never see it for 75cents, but thought that it wouldnt hurt anything to try. I would however agree that it took them an very long time to decide what they were going to do about this situation and that wont sit well with some people.
I recently ordered a title from their bargain basement list and was pleasently surprised at the speed at which my order was fulfilled.
Cheers.
------------------
I didnt play Dungeons and Dragons all those years and not learn something about courage.
--Bernie Faulkner
[Edited last by Jeff Swindoll on October 29, 2001 at 08:19 PM]

Seth T

Stunt Coordinator
I agree with you guys. I didn't really expect to see it at that price either. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
I've spent upwards of $800-$1000 with DVDExpress over the last 3 years. Out of all those DVDs, I've only had one bad one, which was due to a broken case centerpiece which allowed the DVD to rattle around and get scratched. They swapped it for a new one quickly and painlessly.
I got a buttload of Post-Its, a balsa wood glider, and a T-Shirt when I ordered From the Earth to the Moon.
I was saddened when they stopped updating anything or shipping orders. Figured they went under because of all the freebies.
wink.gif

At least Amazon has fairly similar pricing. The only thing I don't care for is how long their standard shipping takes to get here. I mean, Terminator: SE three days after the release date? Comon guys...ship early so it gets there on time.
-Seth

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
C'mon now. When we "purchased" this title for 75 cents (yes, myself included) we all knew deep down that it was a simple error.
We hoped they'd still honor the price, even though doing so would lose them a lot of cash. (The 0.75 Mad Max SE "sale" was even announced at dvdpricesearch.com!)
We hoped that after the mistake was fixed that maybe we'd be offered a discount or gift certificate or something. Apparently that's not the case.
If you dislike the site due to service problems and the like, I definitely agree that you shouldn't give them your business. But damning a retailer for NOT giving us "something for nothing" seems a bit harsh.
------------------
Scott Weinberg
------------------
http://www.ofcs.org

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I didn't order this, so it's no skin off my nose, but if I ran DVD Express and was trying to attract a customer base, and I made a mistake that I couldn't honor, I'd at least reach out to these people somehow. $1 off the price everyone pays? Some sort of a coupon? Cmon, the fact that they can't afford to sell them for 75 cents doesn't mean they can't afford to do something.
------------------
13-time NBA world champion Lakers: 1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks