What's new
  • Announcing New Ownership at Home Theater Forum. Learn More

DVD Etc. Offer (1 Viewer)

terry malibu

Agent
Gui,

It's 19.95 for 20 issues (2 years) plus a total of $32 for additional postage to Canada, not $64. Of course this is all in $US.

Terry

Gui A

Supporting Actor
Terry,

I'm a bit confused...

It says "Add $32.00/year for Canadian postage" on the order page.

But don't worry. I'll still pick them up at the newsstand... It will seem easier on the wallet.

Thanks for your attention, though.

Chris Brunner

Second Unit
So, if I placed my order this week (Monday), I assume that I will still need to locate the first issue at a newsstand.

Yes, no????

c

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I just ordered...and I can't wait to get my first issue.
Hopefully I can find the first issue on the 28th at the BWI Airport in Baltimore, MD. That's when I leave for a 90+ day deployment overseas! ( Yes, I'm in the military :) )
I sure do need some good reading material for that long flight!~
Mr. Malibu - Thanks for making this special offer available to members of the HTF! And thank you HTF!~ :)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
So far so good. Pretty positive start for this magazine. The magazine's title may cause a misperception on the readership's part: The magazine is about home theater in general and is thus positioned to take on the likes of Sound & Vision, Widescreen Review, and The Perfect Vision.

With this first issue, it is already well ahead, quality-wise, of the Primedia publication which uses this field's name, "home theater," as its moniker.

Interesting to note that Jeff Cherun has a new home in the field. I was wondering if he would ever find his footing again after his relationship with the Primedia title ended.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I just got my issue a couple of days ago. Here are some of my thoughts.

Personally I love the layout as it is well thoughtout and put together. Clint Walker and Terry Carroll have pulled together a lot of experience in the publishing arena to put out a magazine that is very fresh and entertaining. These guys obviously know how to put a magazine together.

One of the things that I look for in a magazine is if there is anything that comes from the consumer or is it all just from the staff writers. DVD ETC. goes the extra mile by including the reviews by non other than some of our own members.

The bottom line for me is does the magazine make me want to keep coming back for more. The last magazine that did that for me was Audio Video Interiors which I have subscribed to since the first issue. I look forward to being a long time subscriber to this magazine.

Parker

Don Peskin

Stunt Coordinator
Not wanting to subscribe to a magazine sight unseen or use my charge card, I emailed DVD ETC. a week ago to see if they could send me a copy with a bill with the same offer as here.

I have not heard from them yet. I guess this means they lost a subscription.

UPDATE: I guess they read this forum. After posting the above, I received an email message from them saying they never go my email and that If I gave my address they would send me a copy. I did and they say they sent it out. Hmmm, I might subscribe after all

Martin Fontaine

Supporting Actor
Just went to Chapters and Indigo in Montreal, and neither of them have it. Anyone know of a place in Montreal where they might carry it?

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I enjoyed my preview issue enough to subscribe, though I didn't do so until today (I'm finally settled(ish) into my new house. Does anyone know if issue 2 is out yet, or if that's the one my sub will start with? I'd like to grab it on the newstand if my delay has caused me to miss it.

I found the Hardware reviews to be interesting, and the reader/HTF content to be great. I can't wait to see more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go2go
Recent bookmarks