DVD Etc. Offer

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John Berggren, May 16, 2002.

1. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

I'm itching to subscribe to DVD Etc as they've already been involved in the forum, and I presume it might help in supporting the forum, but I do have a question:

When does the first issue come out, and when do we need to subscribe by to be sure to get it?

I ask because I'm moving at the beginning of July, and I'm not sure what address to subscribe to, and how readily the publisher can be contacted for changes.

2. Lou Sytsma

Lou Sytsma Producer

Lou Sytsma
    Can anyone provide any info on this mag? Who's behind it?

Anyone we would know or recognize?

3. terry malibu

terry malibu Agent

Hi Lou and John,
    I am the one behind this new mag....I am the former Publisher of Home Theater, HT Buyers Guide, Stereophiles Guide to HT, HT Interiors, etc.
    The first issue of DVD ETC. has just arrived from the printer and will hit the newsstands on 5/28. Check the big guys first, like B&N and Borders.
    We will be working closely with Ron and Parker and in fact, Ron has a feature editorial piece in our second issue.
    You will also see the HTF and it's members featured heavily in our premiere issue.
    John, should you subscribe, there should be no problem changing your address info...just contact dvdetc@pcspublink.com
    If you encounter any problems, just let me know.
    We have produced a high quality 132 page magazine for our audience and would love to hear your comments when you get a copy.
    BTW, the the 2 for 1 subscription offer is only available to HTF members!
    Thanks for your support.
    Terry Carroll
    Publisher
    DVD ETC. Magazine

4. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

5. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Guys:
    After talking with Terry this looks like a magazine to add to the collection. I have subscribed to all of electronics mags at one point in time or another and I have been patiently waiting for something new and exciting to come along. This magazine sounds like just what I have been waiting for.
    As Terry mentioned the buy one year/get one free is exclusive to HTF members. Terry worked hard with Ron and I to make this special offer for our membership. In addition this offer will only be available for a limited time (he does have to make some money! [​IMG]).
    Parker

6. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    I think I'll wait until I can get a copy on the newstand. Hate to commit to anything site unseen, and the mockup did'nt exactly blow me away

7. terry malibu

terry malibu Agent

To All HTF Members!
    We would like to send preliminary copies of DVD ETC. to the first 10 members who respond to jog@dvdetc.com
    You will receive it in just a few days and we would love your feedback!
    All the Best,
    Terry Carroll
    Publisher

8. terry malibu

terry malibu Agent

9. Martin Fontaine

Martin Fontaine Supporting Actor

Will it be available in newstands in Canada? More Specifically Montreal?

10. terry malibu

terry malibu Agent

It will be on the newsstands in Canada, howeverI am not sure of which ones at this time. Our on-sale date is 5/28.

You may want to check a local retailer in Montreal - Louis Fuillon Electronique on Sherbrooke St. Montreal, they may have copies this week.

11. Bruce Hedtke

Bruce Hedtke Cinematographer

Terry,

Is this magazine going to be a strictly hardware/software review mag, or will you also have interviews with industry personnel, stories about influential film-makers and what they have done to further the DVD front, etc.? I subscribed because it was a heck of a generous offer but I looked through the mock-up but that didn't offer any clues. I love reading interviews and editorials and commentaries and I'm just hoping DVD Etc. can deliver on that front.

Bruce

12. terry malibu

terry malibu Agent

Hi Bruce,

DVD ETC. will be primarily a hardware/software magazine....That said, we also plan to offer our readers a mixed bag of technology news, featyre editorial and yes, interviews and filmaker commentary.

In the premiere issue you will find an interview with the director of 'I Am Sam', Jessie Nelson....in issue 2, we will interview Rob Minkhoff of 'Stuart Little' fame.

Thanks for subscribing, and please let us know what you think when you receive your first issue.

Terry Carroll

13. Martin Fontaine

Martin Fontaine Supporting Actor

14. RAF

RAF Lead Actor

Terry,

I just received a copy of the premiere issue and I must say that it looks very promising. A nice mix of hardware and software articles along with some good reviews and some other items.

130+ pages of a glossy publication that looks very handsome and definitely has some very readable content. In other words, more "meat" than "fluff" in my opinion. I wish you well and hope that future issues will continue to be content driven.

I've just taken advantage of your introductory offer and would encourage others to consider adding this publication to their reading list. At least check it out when it hits the newsstands.

My 2 cents.

15. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    Geez,

You got your issue before we even got ours?!

Man oh man!

Glad you are enjoying it.

16. Bruce N

Bruce N Second Unit

I want to subscribe but I don't see a way to opt out of mailing lists on the subscription form. How can I subscribe and keep my personal info private?

Thanks,

Bruce

17. terry malibu

terry malibu Agent

Bruce, we are not marketing our list and should the time come when we wish to do so, you will be notified first.

Terry

18. Bruce N

Bruce N Second Unit

Thanks Terry!

19. Henry Gale

Henry Gale Producer

Got a copy of the magazine today. The paper is very shiny. [​IMG]
    Jim

20. Gui A

Gui A Supporting Actor

If I see this at a newsstand, or better yet, a Chapters or an Indigo, I'll probably pick it up here in Toronto.

But there's no way I'm paying $19.95 + $32 + $32 = $83.95US... That's $136 CDN. That's a bit too much for my budget.