What's new

DVD ETC. MAGAZINE POLL: Participate and be included in upcoming issue. Click Here! (1 Viewer)

Paul W

Second Unit
I'll second Amazon Women on the Moon
Don no-soul Simmons really cracks me up.
Also, the Roger Corman production of Nightfall. This isn't so mucha quilty pleasure as I really enjoyed the story it was adapted from.

Daniel J

Stunt Coordinator
I have a hard time explaining to some people the reasons I have for archiving the entire 36-odd episode run of The Tick (animated) on my hard drive...

Winnie The Pooh is also something I find hard to explain to most people. (they either get it, or they don't)

Some people also don't understand TRON; in spite of it's many thematic and artistically incredible scenes, they pass it off as "some stupid space movie".

I'm just glad I didn't buy that "amazing nurse nanako" DVD...

Kraig Lang

Stunt Coordinator
I gotta go with "Bring it On", Any other Teenage Cheerleader Movie about going to State would make me cringe, but this one just has that certain Something....

Or maybe it's just Eliza Dushku in a Cheerleader Outfit.:b

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Xanadu. I can't get the songs out of my head. And Gene Kelly is awesome in anything he does.
Link RemovedWhenever you're away from me...wherever you go...Link Removed

Besides those two, it's Underdog and Scooby-Doo. Really.

Ed Faver

Second Unit
Honky Tonk Freeway.

It's a silly little thing, directed by John Schlesinger of all people. Oh, how I love it. Particular faves are Jessica Tandy doing coke with Daniel Stern and the telling and retelling of Beau Bridges' demented chhildren's story, 'Ricky, the Carnivorous Pony" which has a wonderful payoff late in the film.

Ryan_TD

Stunt Coordinator
i most likely have way too many to name (come to think of it) but i'd say the biggest embarrassment in my collection is................................................ ..............CHARLIE'S ANGELS!!
The FRIENDS:Season 1 is a close second
(And NO I'm not a Matthew Perry freak it's just a coincidence).

Douglas Bailey

Second Unit
Real Name
Douglas Bailey
I keep pretty quiet about Sálo with most (not all) of my friends. It can be tough explaining why I think this film is worth keeping.
I'm also pretty careful about keeping Triumph of the Will -- with the huge swastika on its cover -- out of sight of casual browsers. It's a great film to have as a historical document, but I wouldn't want anyone to think I endorsed its point of view.
Lastly, Koyaanisqatsi (the original charitable-donation disc). Not because I think it's a bad film or anything, but because everyone looks at me strangely when I say how much I "paid" (donated) to get it.
doug

DanC

Stunt Coordinator
Definitely my copy of George Jones: Live In Tennessee. I just can't get enough! :)

Terry Hickey

Second Unit
Real Name
Terry Hickey
"The Thunderbirds" - Brings back fun memories of childhood watching it on television (black & white back then). They were cool.

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
Detroit Rock City - One of the worst movies I've ever seen, but the disc takes a creative approach to audio commentaries and sports some neat features that newer discs don't even attempt. Plus, Gene Simmons' commentary is surprisingly fascinating.

Aaryn Chan

Supporting Actor
Pretty Woman.
I am very young. I bought it blind because it was at a very good price. I know it's more an adult (mature) movie, but I really loved it. Maybe it's just because I kinda see my future life in it.
:emoji_thumbsup:

JohnE

Supporting Actor
The Corsican Brothers, not the best Cheech&Chong, but it cracks me up. Evil Fuckaire=best villain ever!
Private Eyes, fun nostalgia movie for me.
And I've got to second Caveman!:D

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
Starship Troopers and Showgirls, both of which I think are absolutely hilarious (and were meant to be).
1941 is usually considered Spielberg's worst film, but I always have a great time watching it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks