What's new

DVD ETC. MAGAZINE POLL: Participate and be included in upcoming issue. Click Here! (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Want to make your opinion count?
Take part in this month's DVD ETC.
magazine poll and you may see your name in
an upcoming issue of the magazine.
This Month's Poll:
DVD ETC. wants to know what your DVD
guilty pleasures....what DVD do you have
in your collection that you keep quiet to
your friends, or which one do find really
stupid or inane, but can't help watching?
Maybe it's just a horrendous movie but has
some qualities that make it worth owning.....
please let us know as we will be using some
of your selections in our Oct/Nov issue.

Please keep your answers BRIEF as it will
make it easier to tabulate the results.
Thank You

Wes C

Supporting Actor
Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo - There are so many lines in this movie that I cant help but laugh at!! And it was only 10 dollars!
Cannonball Run I and II - I dont even like these two movies, but I love fast cars.

BillBobs

Grip
Notting Hill - my girlfriend made me get it!
I don't feel guilty or embarassed over any of the movies that I like.

Caveman. The story was lame, the dialog was non-existant and the effects were nothing special but they managed to make it one of my favorite movies. :D

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
* The Car--a completely stupid 1977 schlocker about a black, demon-possessed Lincoln Continental that terrorizes a small desert Southwestern town, and which can only be defeated by Sheriff James Brolin delivering an Oscar-worthy performance. Hey, it's a 16:9-encoded disc. The movie is goofy fun.

* Reefer Madness--who can't enjoy this late-1930s laugh riot? What a high!

Sarah S

Second Unit
Bloodsucking Pharoes From Pittsburg...even the director wanted his namee off this film....but I find it so amusing and over-the-top. From the begiining scene where the killer is hauling a generator in a red wagon to power the lawn equipment he uses to dismember people to the cops wife who can NOT stop smoking...priceless fun for me.

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor
Billy Madison -- In collection that contains Braveheart, the Godfather trilogy, Casablanca and other classics, how is this possibly my most watched DVD? :b

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Wild Side - For the love scene between Joan Chen and Anne Heche. :D Hey, you asked! Unfortunately, we'll probably never see an authorized release of the apparently much-better director's cut.
Independence Day - Good ol' cheesy sci-fi fun.
The Mummy (1999) - Good ol' cheesy horror fun.
That's about it.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
MGM's SOUL CINEMA collection proudly, but guiltily, resides in my library. This includes "blaxploitation" classics such as COFFY, FOXY BROWN, TRUCK TURNER, BLACK CAESAR and SLAUGHTER. The majority of the transfers are very good (most are 16x9 enhanced) and some even include Director/Producer commentary. You can't go wrong with Pam Grier, Fred Williamson, Jim Brown and Isaac Hayes on your shelf - they're a bunch of bad muthas...

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Shriek If You Know What I Did Last Friday the 13th - The film was so bad that it never went to theaters and ended up going straight to television, but I thought it was pretty funny (and much funnier than the first Scary Movie.

Matt Krapf

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt
Amazon Women on the Moon - 'nuff said about that.

Sgt Kabukiman, NYPD - One the most "mainstream" Troma discs.
Cannibal: The Musical - A not-so-mainstream Troma disc.
...though nowhere near as bad as Killer Condom
Bloodsucking Freaks - Possibly the worst Troma film I've ever seen.

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
G.I. Joe the Movie When a cartoon has a movie, it usually crap, and while the story has some many holes in it, you could make a dozen mice happy, but the fun factor is high. The final twenty minutes are very fun to watch.
Starship Troopers As with G.I.Joe the movie, it has a rather thin plot, but is full of action and is best watch when your brain is in the mood for mindless killing.
Great Mouse Detective Just have a great love for this Disney movie that came out when I was a kid. Who can't love Vincent Price as a rat crime lord?

Jenna

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeanette Howard
Oh God! I'm embarrassed to admit this...but,(ugh)...I have two such awful, inane, poorly-acted movies that I have to watch them when everyone else is gone!
Xanadu and Perfect
I realize that the acting AND the choreography is sooooo pitiful in both of these...yet I just can't tear myself away. It's like watching an accident, ya know?
:b :b :b :b

Chris Brunner

Second Unit
I'm afraid that Dumb & Dumber gets played more often than most DVDs at my house. Anyone who comes over and tells me they HAVEN'T seen it, gets a screening on the spot. It's even MORE fun with someone else. (at least for ME)
C

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks