What's new

Dvd Etc. Magazine Poll: All Members Please Respond (1 Viewer)

WilliamG

Supporting Actor
My top three? Not necessarily in this order: ;)
1. Superman: The Movie - it was my first purchase. The story, colors of the restored transfer, and John Williams' music: WOW!
2. Terminator 2: Ultimate Edition - outstanding sound
3. Planet of the Apes (2001) - loads of extras!

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu
Hmmm...

1) Toy Story - Ultimate Toy Box: Reference quality audio and visuals, wealth of EXTRAS, and damn good movies.

2) Cowboy Bebop - Perfect Collection: The entire collection of one of the quirkiest, and most entertaining anime series. PLUS a cool soundtrack and packaging.

3) Usual Suspects - Special Edition: A well deserved re-rendering of a terrific movie. This Bryan Singer Film is truly done justice here.

John DrakeLaw

Stunt Coordinator
First and foremost love these movies and always enjoy re-watching them. Additionally superb sound and pic.

Terminator 1 and 2

Dark City

Green Mile

John Salley

Auditioning
My three:

1) Eagles: Hell Freezes Over (DTS) Great audio, sounds like you are IN the concert

2) Matrix Not my favorite movie, but hey.....I just bought a DVD player, and I need to impress my friends.

3) Video Essentials Absolutely neccessary for setting up my new DVD player (and most likely the accompanying surround-sound system)

Thanks for listening,

John Salley

Jay W

Supporting Actor
Well im my mind, the first thing I would want to do with my first few dvds is impress someone (mainly myself!) & get value for money as well as see what the format really has to offer, hence I offer these suggestions:

1. The Ultimate Toy Box - wonderful presentation, plenty of extras and demo material to boot.

2. Gladiator - quality 'action' movie, wonderful audio and video and a decent amount of extras

3. Terminator 2 Ultimate Edition - Really pushes the DVD format to the next level in terms of audio, video and extras.

Ed Vandeweerd

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,

Here are my Picks:

1. "The Talented Mr Ripley" Stunning Paramount Transfer one of the best.

2. "Shrek" Lots of Fun and Love the Menus an innovative approach.

3. "Moulin Rouge" The Best DVD of 2001 For Sound, Score and Entertainment Value. Everything in one Package

James_Bell

Auditioning
1. Star Wars Episode 1 The disc on this are packed will all sorts of special features and great picture and sound.

2. Toy Story - Ultimate Toy Box - Impeccable video & audio qulity, exenstive and interesting special features.

3. Matrix - This was the first thing I loaded when I got my first player or any of the other players I own, amazing special effects, great story, great audio

Mike Graham

Supporting Actor
1 - Saving Private Ryan DTS - Sound (Best example of how a home theater can immerse you in the movie.)

2 - Fight Club - Extras ( Shows how the supplements can make you appreciate the movie even more.)

3 - 12 Monkeys - Extras (The documentary on the making of the movie is by far one of the most informative out there.)

Michael Taylor

Stunt Coordinator
1.) The Matrix - It shows off most of the features of the DVD format as well as providing a entertaining way to exercise your home theater with the great visuals and sounds.

2.) Gladiator - Excellent picture and sound with loads of extras.

3.) Seven Samurai (Criterion) - It's a great classic film (one of my all-time favorites) with one of the best commentaries ever recorded.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks