What's new

DVD Empire sale: Life of Brian, Time Bandits, Throne of Blood, and more $18.99 (1 Viewer)

BrianP

Supporting Actor
Anyone who had a shipping charge added to their order should have no problem getting a refund. I just called customer service and they promptly put in for a refund to my credit card. They told me to expect an email confirmation later in the week indicating a credit of $4.50 was refunded to my card. They admitted there were a lot of problems with shipping charges being added to orders involving the Criterion sale titles after making them not eligible for free shipping.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Mine shipped, and since I had upgraded to 2-day shipping I incurred no extra shipping charges. Yay! Finally getting Time Bandits and Life Of Brian! Plus I threw in a boatload of other titles that I hadn't found in-stores since street date or since a recent markdown. Yeah, this worked out well for both sides, methinks. :D

Andy_A

Second Unit
anyone notice the site says, "We have drastically cut the prices on selected Criterion DVDs, including Straw Dogs and The Alfred Hitchcock Collection, which are being discontinued at the end of the year!" This is the same thing the rep on the phone told me. These aren't showing OOP on the Criterion website, but it looks like dvd empire know something we don't about these.

Steve_Ch

Supporting Actor
Just got my Straw Dogs today, ordered on 9/27 (think was on Sat), shipped 9/29, and was the regular $1.98 shipping. The package came in a box with delivery confirmation, I am quite pleased.

Simon_Lepine

Supporting Actor
It's a known fact that Criterion will lose the rights to Straw Dogs and some of the Hitchcock in the box set at the end of this year. It's been discussed in the Criterion forum, and Straw Dogs even has a 'For a limited time only' sticker on it.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
I called DVD Empire and asked them to recind the shipping charges on my order, talked with Angela, who was very friendly (I'm always extremely polite on the phone, so that helps). I sent my original order confirmation to her, and she refunded the shipping charges.

Enrique B Chamorro

Supporting Actor
When I finally got around to placing the order on 10/02
Staw Dogs was still at $18.99, but was in the "wish list"
mode only. I was on the fence for a day before the order.
I think it was still in my cookies that I was interested
because when I did a search, I was able to place it in my
cart at $18.99.
I threw in The Killers and Devil and Daniel Webster.
With the $5 coupon and the free shipping, it came out
to $71.52.
The order went through and I got a conformation with
Straw Dogs on backorder and the other two in stock.
I called 10/07 checking when Straw Dogs was going to
come in and the customer service said that it was OOP
and there was little chance I was going to see it.
I just got a shipped notice on 10/08 that it went out
and I was charged the $71.52 plus shipping of $2.70
I called and they said to forward the original confirmation
and they will credit the $2.70.
Sounds like I just made it!

:emoji_thumbsup:

Piers C

Stunt Coordinator
Through an email exchange with customer service I was able to get the shipping charge reversed on my order.

Like others who have posted, it was simply a matter of providing an email of the original order confirmation email. They handled the issue quickly.

Anyone who has this billing error should be able to get the refund.

Tony Scello

Second Unit
Placed my order for Throne of Blood and Life of Brian on 9/28 (after they were already out of stock) and received my shipping notice yesterday. Great price for these Criterions ($18.99). I hope they feature other Criterions in future sales though my wallet will be taking a beating.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Like I said, I do have to compliment DVDEmpire's customer service on this. They were incredibly considerate and polite, and willing to fix the error. I was VERY impressed by this.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I also just called and got it straightened out in a few minutes. Apparently a software error, not an attempt to screw us or anything.

Jason Hughes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Hughes
Ordered Lost Honor... and Throne of Blood, they shipped at the sale prices a few days ago.

BrianP

Supporting Actor
Received 9 Criterions and Mark of Zorro exactly one week after they shipped. Also had the shipping charges refunded to my credit card yesterday. Thumbs up to DVDEmpire for the great prices and service.

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
I ordered Lost Honor..., Fear & Loathing, Throne of Blood and My Life as a Dog. They shipped on Oct 7th, and I received them today.

As they were all "on order" when I ordered them, I did wonder if I would get them.

:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: to DVD Empire for this excellent sale!;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks