DVD Empire question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DanC, Sep 5, 2001.

1. DanC

DanC Stunt Coordinator

Does anyone know about how long it takes for them to get a DVD in that they have listed as "on order". I ordered the JP dts disc a while back and it's still showing as on order. I've tried e-mailing their customer service but as of now I still haven't heard anything back from them. It probably varies from disc to disc but I just thought maybe some of you that have expreienced this before might have an idea. Thanks in advance.
    Dan

2. DonRoeber

DonRoeber Screenwriter

it all depends. I've had items take a week, and items take a few months. All depends on their availability. Give their support staff a call. Maybe they're bogged down in email from the long weekend.
    ------------------
    --
    Donald Roeber
    Generating 2048 bits of randomness...

3. JustinT

JustinT Stunt Coordinator

I'm in the same situation as you. I ordered a JP disc about 2 weeks ago when it said "In Stock." Apparrently it was a mistake and JP DTS was actually "on order." I emailed customer service yesterday and got a response today. Here's what they said.
    "We have been receiving this in every few days, however, with the old and new versions being shipped and us checking every one we haven’t had enough to list it as in stock. My assumption is that this should be filled by the end of next week. If you find this somewhere else and know that it is the correct copy you can cancel this order and we can credit you the amount back. Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance."
    I'm just going to wait it out. I like the fact that they are checking every disc so that I know I will be getting the correct copy. I would assume that the turnaround will be about the same for you. At least I have my new Forrest Gump and Memento dvd's to keep me occupied until then!

4. DanC

DanC Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for all the responses guys. I just got of the phone with their customer service and was told basically the same thing that JustinT was in his e-mail. She did tell me that they are filling the orders as the good discs come in instead of waiting until they received all of the correct discs and then shipping them out. She also said that on average they are getting about 15 JP dts discs in a day and out of those usually only about 5 or so are good. Looks like it may be a while until I get this bad boy in [​IMG]
    Dan
    ------------------
    My Home Theater
    Go Noles!
    >>------>

5. Samuel Des

Samuel Des Supporting Actor

6. Nigel McN

Nigel McN Supporting Actor

bah, I've been waiting for Reboot vol 4 to come in stock since March.
    I wrote & appearently ADV is so busy they can't keep up with backorders,...

7. JustinT

JustinT Stunt Coordinator

Anybody received their JP DTS from DVD Empire yet? I ordered mine on the 5th of August and haven't received it yet? If not, is there a reliable source that I can get the new disc from sooner? I really would love to own this dvd! Thanks
    ------------------
    My DVD's