DVD Empire offers "Media Mail" shipping option

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Captain Spaulding, Jul 1, 2001.

1. Captain Spaulding

Captain Spaulding Second Unit

Jay
    I just placed a preorder with DVD Empire and noticed there was now a "Media Mail" option for shipping. Media Mail is now the name for what has been known for many years as "book rate". For one DVD,the shipping charge is $1.30. Delivery time is listed as 3-7 days as opposed to 2-4 days for Priority Mail. I'll give it a try and see how it goes. I'm only one state away from their mailing site, so I'm hoping delivery time will be good.

2. Bruce Hedtke

Bruce Hedtke Cinematographer

I noticed that as well and was tempted to give it a go, but, worst case scenerio is the 7 days bit. Not having the DVD by release date: no biggie. Not having it by the weekend: problems. I'd rather pay more and get it delivered early in the week.
    Bruce
    ------------------
    "If you and your undershirt would take two steps backward, I could enter this dwelling"

3. AdrianJ

AdrianJ Supporting Actor

If I'm going to get something shipped Media Mail, then I'm going to use DeepDiscountDVD since they include the price of shipping media mail in the price of the DVD.
    More on topic though, remember 3-7 days is 3-7 BUSINESS days. I've had things take over 2 weeks to show up, but to me this is no big deal because I rarely watch movies as I get them.
    --adrian