What's new

DVD Empire Help (1 Viewer)

Lyle H.

Stunt Coordinator
Hey, I just placed an order with DVD Empire (I created a new account). I preordered Warner's upcoming Marx Brothers Collection (Which comes out this Tuesday) and did UPS Overnight shipping. Are they closed on Sundays? I didn't get a confirmation email confirming my purchase, but my order reciept is available on their website. I know UPS only operates Mon-Fri, and that's the only kind of shipping DVD Empire offers, so will I not get a confirmation until tomorrow (Monday)? Thanks a lot.

Lyle

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
No, and like you said, even if they were open they wouldn't be able to ship it out. Don't Panic! They really very good with this.

Glenn

Lyle H.

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks, Glenn. I am very nuerotic whilst ordering online. I'm sure everything will be fine.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
That's not entirely correct. They offer shipping by the USPS, but I would not recommend it as it is not insured.

I've bought most of my 1100+ DVDs from them & I can add my recommendation. Their pre-order system is tops!!!!

PS - I'm betting this will be moved to "Retail and Wholesale Venders Feedback".

Randy_M

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Randy
Personally, I've ordered most of my 500+ titles from Empire using USPS, and have never been disappointed.

I wouldn't trust UPS to ship dogpoop. YMMV.

Cheers

MicheleP

Auditioning
Ive ordered from Amazon.com and DVDempire.com using USPS. Ive never seen any of my orders get lost in the mail. What angers me about UPS is that if you're not at home when they deliver it, is that they take it back to their holding station or whatever. If you work certain hours when UPS delivers your up a creek and have to drive to their holding facility to pick it up. If you use USPS free shipping, or priority shipping they leave it in your mailbox. Thats the way I like it.

Lyle H.

Stunt Coordinator
Well someone is always around between 8AM-4PM so that's not a problem for me. :)

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Although the USPS has never lost any DVDs that I've had them ship (Only a very few of the 1100+), the USPS has LOST many important documents intended for me. I understand the delivery concerns of using UPS, but for me at this time it is worthwhile to use them.

Kain_C

Screenwriter
So DVD Empire is good? I am about to cancel my From the Earth to the Moon order from North American DVD because they are a sorry company that has to lie and then refuses to answer your queries to them. I was thinking of ordering from DVD Empire because their feedback is tons better.

John Stone

Supporting Actor

I'll second that. I've spend many thousands of dollars with DVD Empire over the past few years and I've never been disappointed with them in any way.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks