DVD Easter Eggs

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jimmy P, Jan 30, 2002.

1. Jimmy P

Jimmy P Stunt Coordinator

2. Brett_B

Brett_B Supporting Actor

3. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

This particular post lists both of those, plus every other Easter Egg site known to me at this time...about a ½-dozen of 'em! [​IMG]

4. Chris_ORorke

Chris_ORorke Auditioning

Actually, we've recently launched a new website dedicated to cheats, hints and easter eggs for DVDs, movies and games. We currently have over 3000 cheats available in our database and it's growing very rapidly thanks to overwhelming user response.
    I invite everyone to check it out as our goal is to help people take full advantage of their movie and game purchases.
    http://www.cheathappens.com
    CHEAT HAPPENS Cheat & Hints
    --------------
    Chris O'Rorke
    Editor: Cheat Happens.com

5. Kyle Milligan

Kyle Milligan Stunt Coordinator

As long as we're talking eggs...
    We have a pretty decent list, and none of these are lame eggs of DVD credit pages or trailers found in the "Recommendations" portion of a DVD.

6. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Chris, I already submitted the Dancing at the Blue Iguana DVD cheat (which I posted at the end of this thread) to CheatHappens. I see that the ones I found for Beastmaster and Buckaroo Banzai (I found 3 of the 5 on that one! [​IMG] ) are already on your site, submitted by "anonymous" [​IMG] , so no need for me to resubmit those.
    Kyle, I looked over your site. I don't see what the submission method is, and I fear that the one for DatBI falls under the "lame eggs for trailers" thing, so I'll hold off on this one. Maybe you want the Beastmaster egg, though? [​IMG]

7. Chris_ORorke

Chris_ORorke Auditioning

As far as posting "lame eggs of DVD credit pages or trailers..", we choose to let the end-user decide what is lame and what is not. We prefer to make all the information available and not censor the content based on your opinion of what does or does not constitute a "good" egg.
    Personally, I think that some discs feature creative and amazing menus and the people that created that content deserve to be credited. If a trailer is not mentioned on the box and is buried somewhere in the BIO or recommendations, I'd like to know. I may have never have looked there otherwise.
    David - I really appreciate your submission and I posted it online immediately. Please send any more that find we do not have and we'll gladly post them as well.
    Sincerely,
    Chris O'Rorke
    http://www.cheathappens.com