What's new

DVD Documentary Recommendations (1 Viewer)

Duncan_N

Stunt Coordinator
Another thumbs up for the PBS New York Documentaries - they are great.
Also fab is
Paradise Lost: The Child Murders at RobinHood Hills
and its sequel, looking at the effects the first documentary had on the case it was covering, which is called Revelations:Paradise Lost 2. I don't think the sequel is out yet on DVD but the first certainly is.
Worth tracking down, they are both gripping stuff.

Julie K

Screenwriter
If you liked Walking With Dinosaurs, you should also see the same team's Allosaurus: A Walking with Dinosaurs Special and the upcoming Walking With Prehistoric Beasts.
And in the same vein as This is Spinal Tap, I'm going to recommend Forgotten Silver which is a delightful film about the life of New Zealand film pioneer Colin McKenzie.

MikeF

Stunt Coordinator
I'll second the reviews for One Day In September and The Last Days. I'm not such a big fan of The Long Way Home.

David Oliver

Second Unit
A Great Day In Harlem about the day in the fifites they photographed all together most of the all-time graeat jazz musicians.
Do You Believe in Miracles? The HBO documentary about the 1980 gold medal winning US Olypic Hockey team. Very bare bones DVD but really puts a lump in my throat watching it.
The Last Days
Jazz

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks