DVD/Display problem

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by ChrisAD, Aug 21, 2002.

1. ChrisAD

ChrisAD Auditioning

I have a light color vertical bar, 2-3 inches wide, that scrolls across (fairly rapidly) my tv screen (32" Sony Wega) when viewing a dvd. Any ideas re: what may be causing this? Things to check?

Thanks in advance for any/all replies.

Chris

2. Jorge M

Jorge M Stunt Coordinator

What may be causing this: bad connection and/or interference. Things to check: that whatever cable you are using is properly and firmly connected to the player and the TV. That it is a good quality cable with proper insulation (that probably excludes the one that came with the player). That you are not getting electrical interference from other components in your system (disconnect everything except the TV and the player to check) or from your cable (disconnect the coax).

If that doesn't help, let us know the make and model of your player, the exact model of your TV, and what type of connection you're running from the DVD player (composite, s-video, or component, and the brand of the cable). This way people in a similar situation might give you more specific help.

3. ChrisAD

ChrisAD Auditioning

Thanks, here's some additional info: TV=32" Sony Wega, DVD=Denon 3800, connected via component cables by Ixos. Regular cable with box, Rotel separates. Any other ideas? The DVD is brand new and my salesman advised changing the setting on the Denon from "lighter" to "darker" (changes black levels, I think). This helped a great deal, but still, the problem shouldn't have been there at all in the first place, right? It is very faint now, but stilln noticeable at times.

Thanks,

Chris