DVD Display Holder?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by StevenF, Oct 19, 2002.

1. StevenF

StevenF Stunt Coordinator

I am not honestly sure where to post this. So here goes anyways. I am looking for a single DVD display holder that I can place on or around my TV... to show what DVD is in the machine. Kind of like when you go to a DVD store and you see a display that shows what is "Now Playing". It is usually a display that only holds 1 DVD made of acrylic or wood. I got one many many years ago and haven't found another one. If anyone knows of where to get something like that... let me know.
    Thanks,
    Steve

2. Adam Barratt

Adam Barratt Cinematographer

Adam
    Try the DVD Marquee sold here. It's solid steel and built to last; I have one.
    [​IMG]
    Adam

3. StevenF

4. Adam Barratt

Adam Barratt Cinematographer

Adam
    It's actually quite small, so doesn't dominate the room. I usually have it sitting on the left front speaker or a shelf; putting it actually on the TV might be a bit distracting.

It looks pretty nice with a DVD case sitting in it, and it stops me from losing/stepping on cases or forgetting what's in the player.

Adam

5. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino Lead Actor

Joseph DeMartino
    Steven:

You can judge the size from the picture - it isn't that much bigger than a DVD case itself. I have one and it is a great conversation piece.

Regards,

Joe

6. Peter Yee

Peter Yee Stunt Coordinator
    Supporter

Steven,
    I also bought from ShowOff Displays as well, and I'm very pleased with the display. It sits atop my equipment rack (which is relatively short) and fits in nicely. Perfect for keeping me from misplacing the the DVD case after I load the disc in the player. Used to have to hunt for where I had dropped the case... [​IMG]
    -Peter

7. StevenF

Thanks for your help all. I might pick up one or two. I've been displaying my stuff since VHS/Laserdisc came out. I just used a book display rack originally and wanted something new and fresh. Thanks again.

Steve