What's new

DVD Discoveries (1 Viewer)

TyC

Stunt Coordinator
I will definitely pick this one up. I am especially looking forward to the segment with Van Ling and the one with David Prior. Will anyone else get this disc?

ChristianB

Stunt Coordinator
DVD is the fastest growing home entertainment in history. For years, millions of consumers have been enthralled with the versatility and diversity of this 5" format. This fall, DVD Angle will be providing consumers with unprecedented access into the inner-world of the DVD industry. DVD Discoveries is the first product of its kind. Dedicated exclusively to the work that goes on behind the scenes with the companies who weave their magic and create hours of insight and entertainment. This will be a true Limited Edition release - one production run, with final numbers based on initial public interest - and when they're gone, there will be no more.
DVD Discoveries will include sections such as:
1K Studios: A chronicle of DVD menu creation from the company responsible for such interfaces as Alien: Special Edition, Tomorrow Never Dies: Special Edition, and more.
Alita Holly (Organa West, www.organawest.com): Taking DVD to new levels with one of the top female DVD Producers. Her list of credits includes Ghostbusters: Collector's Series, Free Enterprise, and others.
Automat Pictures (www.automatpictures.com): A look at the company and people who have created some of the most compelling documentaries and bonus material available on DVD, including those found on The Fog: Special Edition and the Rambo trilogy, among others.
Charlie de Lauzirika: One man's vision of DVD - from his work producing the DVD's for Ridley Scott's movies (such as Hannibal: Special Edition and Legend: Ultimate Edition) as well as projects like Speed: Five Star Collection.
David Naylor (The Naylor Group, www.dvdbonusfeatures.com): Go behind the scenes with the company who created the DVD's for such popular TV shows as Buffy the Vampire Slayer and The X-Files, along with producing special edition DVD's for 12 of the special edition "James Bond" movies and more.
David Prior: Take an inside look at DVD with one of the top DVD Producers in the industry. To his credit are some of the most talked about DVD releases in the formats history. DVD's such as Fight Club, Pearl Harbor: Vista Series, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, and many more.
Eric Young (Sparkhill Productions): A behind-the-scenes exposé of the company whose list of credits include such spectacular DVD's as Kiss of the Dragon, the 3 releases in the "Vault Disney Collection," and more.
Jason Rosenfeld: An independent journey to bring the TV series My So-Called Life to DVD.
Sharpline Arts (Link Removed): A behind-the-scenes segment that chronicles an impressive career from the folks who brought you The Alien Legacy, Star Trek: The Motion Picture: The Director's Edition, and more.
New Addition! Van Ling(www.vanlingpro.com): Take a behind-the-scenes look with one of the most recognized names in the DVD industry. This is the man responsible for such outstanding DVD's as The Abyss, Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace, and Terminator 2; Ultimate Edition.
Disc Production: A collection of exclusive featurettes - ranging from 10-15 minutes in length each - to explore the creation of a physical DVD, both professionally and at home.
CAV/Info Disc (www.cavd.com): A step-by-step insight into each step in the replication process, from the "glass master" and injection molding, through to the final packaging.
Cinesite DVD (www.cinesite.com): A behind-the-scenes look at one of the leading DVD encoding and authoring companies headed up by former DreamWorks DVD producer Steve Gustafson.
Cyberlink (www.gocyberlink.com): Insight into DVD-ROM technology and an at-home DVD creation tutorial from the makers of PowerDVD and PowerDirector.
Studio Segments:
Updated! New Line's Infinifilm (www.infinifilm.com): Go behind New Line Home Entertainment's top-level series with the production of Austin Powers in Goldmember: Infinifilm.
Rhino Home Video (www.rhinovideo.com): Find out how a small arm of a giant corporation releases such fantastic DVD as The Transformers, the Mystery Science Theater 3000 series, and more.
Warner Bros. Publications (www.songxpress.com): Making instructional DVD's fun as well as informative by utilizing interactive features.

SteveK

Supporting Actor
Just ordered it. Even if I only watch it once, it will be interesting to learn about some of the details involved with putting together a DVD.

Thanks for the information.

Steve K.

Brian McHale

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian McHale
I don't even know how much I really wanted this, but DVD Angle is one of the web sites I use for information, so I oredered it to support the site. And for 9.95 (shipping included), you can't really go wrong.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
I ordered mine a few days ago too. I'm surprised this took such a long time to get mentioned here. Paul Russell's really put a lot of work into this, so I'm sure it will be a great product.

Robert Spalding

Second Unit
I'm more interested in the technical aspects of how a DVD is produced. After seeing so many fluff pieces on DVD's about how so and so's acting was a certain way, seeing how the menu's and how a DVD is actually pressed should be cool.

TyC

Stunt Coordinator
Update:
The Link Removed is online so you can preview the menus of the disc.
Also, the Rhino Home Video segment was cut. In its place, THX has included their Optimizer and 2 trailers: Broadway and Cavalcade.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
I'm looking forward to seeing the segment on Star Trek - The Motion Picture. This should be a really cool disc.

Neil

Matthew_Millheiser

Supporting Actor
It is a great deal for $10 shipped. For anyone interested in how DVDs are put together, it's an easy purchase decision.
I like traffic lights.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I'm surprised they didn't buy advertising here on HTF--they'd probably make 1000 more sales!

This is just about the easiest impulse DVD buying decision I've ever had to make.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks