What's new

DVD Digital Output Question? (1 Viewer)

Paul_III

Agent
I just got my new Panasonic XP 30 and realized that I made one mistake: I bought my digital coax (and opened it) before the player arrived. Well, on arrival I notice the only digital output for my DVD player is an optical output, the other audio is the standard L/R analog output. Is there any feasible way to connect the digital coax (adapter, etc) or do I just have to bite the bullet and buy an optical cable?

John-Miles

Screenwriter
of course Eric if you are spending over 50 dollars on your cable then you would want somethign of higher quality than a 50 dollar converter, otherwise you would likely be better with just a cheap cable as opposed ot a converter anyway :D

WesleyHester

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Hester
Well, I meant most cases because I've seen optical to coaxial and coaxial to optical converters for just $16.75 at Parts Express (part numbers 180-961 and 180-960).

If you pay $50 for a converter, it should have 2 inputs and 2 outputs for optical and coaxial AND convert the signal EITHER way. These types of converters are available.

AaronBatiuk

Second Unit
Well, I meant most cases because I've seen optical to coaxial and coaxial to optical converters for just $16.75 at Parts Express (part numbers 180-961 and 180-960).
Heh. Don't forget that you still need to buy an optical cable, to connect the DVD player to the convertor! So there is still no way to save money by using a convertor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucrin
Recent bookmarks