DVD Demystified, DVD problem

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ron-P, Jan 7, 2003.

1. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    Picked this up a few weeks back. Put in the DVD and ran through the demos. The dts demos will not play. A message pops up saying my rig does not support dts, it then drops into pro-logic to play the demos. I even manually switched my Marantz over to dts and it still would not play.
    Anyone have any thoughts? Bad disk maybe?
    Peace Out~[​IMG]

2. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

That message comes up on every player I've tried it on, though the only one that's explicitly labeled "DTS" is my Playstation 2 (my main player is a Pioneer laserdisc combo player modified to think it's the next model up so it outputs DTS, also just tried it on a cheapo player that outputs DTS but doesn't say anywhere on it that it does.)
    My DVL-909 hates this disc- you have to try several times loading it to get it to play- it usually fires up the laser, stops, then starts again spinning the disc at a crazy fast speed.
    BTW anyone find out the right way to get the Easter Frogs, other than title search which is how I found them?

3. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    What Easter Frogs?
    Peace Out~[​IMG]

4. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

I'll try to look up the title numbers- some inside joke on Jim Taylor's nickname which he explains when you find these.