What's new

DVD Delivery from Russia (1 Viewer)

Irina

Second Unit
Real Name
Irina
Does anyone know why DVDs are not allowed to be shipped outside of Russia any more. This new rule has apparently came into existence within the last couple of days. I tried both ozon.ru and bolero.ru. I have sent both of them e-mails with questions and have not received any information back.

Manus

Second Unit
No idea why they would have stopped , hardly likely to be Hollywood pressure ?

Haven't used them lately but I got the russian movie 'Night Watch' from here some time ago :

http://aznfilms.com/default.php

They still seem to sell russian stock.

~M~

Irina

Second Unit
Real Name
Irina
Thank you Manus!
I received a reply from ozon.ru today. They claim that the delivery restriction is just a temporary measure that is outside of their control. I will check the site you mentioned out. I have never used it.

Irina

Manus

Second Unit
Hey there, Christian,
Picture is fine (Pal) and sound is great ( Dolby 5.1). If it ever comes to court films like this should be called as evidence against the crime of Regional Coding . About to released on R2 in New Year :

http://www.blahdvd.com/blah/DVD_Prod...30022010009-PZ

I've been on a big Hitchcock movie buzz lately and have read a lot about his life. He frequently referred to Russian, German,English,French and American technicians who helped to educate him and realise his artistic vision.

He was also particularly fond of hearing about audience reactions in Tokyo and Buenos aires, for example, to his films.
Wonder what he'd make of all this nonsense , Bluray and all ?.

Regards,
~M~

Manus

Second Unit
that looks like the same edition I've got, sound and picture are as good as the main event :)

Enjoy !

~M~

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks