What's new

DVD Decoder (1 Viewer)

Steve F M

Screenwriter
Anyone recommend a free dvd decoder I can use for WMCE 2005 until the NVIDIA Online store comes back online. My free 30 day trial of the Nvidia DVD Decoder is expired and you can't purchase it on there site at this time. Online Store is under construction!!

Steve F M

Screenwriter
By the way I tried uninstalling the Nvidia decoder and signing back up for the 30 day trial to no luck. You would think they would extend the trial until there online store is back up!

Chris

Senior HTF Member
One that's free.. hmm.. I'm not sure I know of any. Lots of other places sell the NVDVD decoder (and cheaper then Nvidia) like http://www.newegg.com for national, heck, here local you can grab it for $13 (a local rep: http://www.htc-ks.com/ under "specials" as an example)

Lots of places have it ready to go.

Pretty much, the only two decoders I've found to work worth a damn in MCE2005 are NVDVD and PowerDVD6 Deluxe.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Dscaler's is free, as well as VideoLAN. I think I'll create more problems then I'll solve by recommending those to you though, but worth a shot if you have the time. ;)

Steve F M

Screenwriter
Found a free 14 day NVDVD Trial. I've always used the Nvidia DVD Decoder. Is there any difference between that and NVDVD. There both products of Nvidia correct?

NVDVD is working great with WMCE but so did the Nvidia Decoder.

Tony Loewen

Stunt Coordinator
I will second dscaler. For me, it's every bit as good, maybe better, than nvidia. It doesn't really have decss though, I think the newest version 5006 has some, but you can get another freeware program, DVD43, to take care of that for you.

dscaler = free
DVD43 = free

good support on each

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks