DVD Database Software? Rental capability?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by erikk, Oct 16, 2003.

1. erikk

erikk Stunt Coordinator

Ok maybe this is a little bit off topic but does anyone know of any good DVD database software that would have "rental" capabilities. I am talking about keeping track of friends borrowing things. As the movie slut of my friends I have by far the largest collection and that means that someone is always borrowing something. Keeping track of who borrowed what, when and etc is a pain in the butt and I know I've got shrinkage (not malicious of course but it just happens).

Also preferably software that has barcode scanner capability linked to DVD profiles. Putting all my DVDs in by hand is not something I have any interest in doing.

I know that DVD profiler is good for keeping a database with profiles but does it do any lending out tracking and could I use a barcode scanner with it?

2. Michael Qualen

Michael Qualen Stunt Coordinator

DVD Profiler has a very nice simple "rental" function...I use it myself...and You should be able to use a barcode scanner with DVD Profiler as well

3. Jack_TN

Jack_TN Stunt Coordinator

4. ChrisBEA

ChrisBEA Screenwriter

DVD Profiler is hands down the best dbase software for DVD's I've seen. I tested the collectorz one but never really cared for it. I have been using Profiler for about a year now and don't know what I would do without it. Hard to keep track of my collection (approaching 900) and all the loaners. definitely check this out, Best of all it's free! Of course I have paid for registration, it was well worth it supporting such a great program.

5. Scott Kimball

Scott Kimball Screenwriter

Mac users can check out ReaderWare... it fits the bill.

-Scott

6. Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H All Things Film Junkie
    Supporter

Stephen J. Hill
    Easiest thing I can think of is to get a USB one, since USB is plug and play and that's what DVDProfiler supports.