DVD Covers question

Discussion in 'DVD' started by KyleC, Feb 10, 2004.

1. KyleC

KyleC Supporting Actor

Has anyone printed these out on a color laser? I am going to but a guy I work with said lasers run hotter than ink jets. So he said I should make sure it's paper for lasers. Does anyone know what I should be looking for? Is there photo paper for lasers?

2. Scotty_McW

Scotty_McW Second Unit

I've never printed covers off a laser printer and I'm not sure if there is photo paper specific for laser printers, but here is a link to OfficeMax's paper selection. I used to work in an office supply store, so I would recommend a heavier pound paper. Laser paper is designed to be used in laser printers because of the way they print.

I hope this helps you some[​IMG]

3. JonSpice

JonSpice Stunt Coordinator

Studio use on FCA is 300 DPI, what do you need Laser for? Canon F20 mulipass w/scanner does this just fine. I sent a FCA including insert to a online friend and he was amased and pleased, to not have to put the disc back in his old snapper his words "You do great work". I use Kodak *soft* gloss 'both' sides at 300 DPI @$14.97 for 50 sheets, why pay for full gloss expensive paper when *they* don't either?. I have had friends look and they couldn't tell which was made by studios printer or my Canon F20 inkjet multifunction. I have upgraded to 8.0 on Paint Shop Pro, to change PAL/NTSC to customized FCA for those who like custom work and not run of the mill stuff seen on shelves. I put pride into creating custom art for trade *not* for sale, the kind 'I' would like to receive if sent.[​IMG]

P/S For custom cuts I use an X-Acto 'Guillitine' instead of single edge razor blade or razor cutter tool, MSRP at Staples.com $29.95. Curved edges made by inserting art cover into EK sucess #8 tool, then pressing down to make exact same as top or top and bottom corner cuts. [​IMG]

4. KyleC

KyleC Supporting Actor

It's not that I "need" a color laser. We just happen to have one at work so I figured what the hell. Right next to the printer is a full paper cutter as well. So basically all I need is right in that one room. At home I have an HP 5550 inkjet. I think I'm just going to print them on normal bright white paper and the inserts on photo paper here on the inkjet.

5. JonSpice

JonSpice Stunt Coordinator

Want to save some more money buy white posters for $.49(Redners price) they have one glossy side and you can cut em up to your size.[​IMG]