What's new

DVD conection woes (1 Viewer)

bill::m

Auditioning
I am trying to connect a Panasonic dvd recorder DMR E50 to a Dishnetwork 501 PVR and a Phillips TV. My goal is to copy directly from the harddrive of the PVR to the DVD. I have tried many different connections without success. The best I have achieved is the sat on one input and the recorder on another. No benefit there. Can someone guide me?

Bill

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben

I don't believe this is possible. The Panasonic E50 does not have a direct digital input that would allow a bit-for-bit copy from an external device. All you can do is connect the PVR's analog outputs (both audio and video) to the Panasonic's analog inputs; then you play back recordings on the PVR and record them to DVR, in real time.

M.

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
Your PVR should have both composite and S-video outputs, and your Panasonic has the same inputs (S-video is preferable). If you use the Panasonic's higher quality recording modes (SP,XP or in some cases FR) with S-video, your image quality shouldn't suffer much (if at all).... right gang? I'm a month or so away from getting mine, so I don't have any first hand experience (only extrapolation based on online research). Can somebody verify (or debunk) me here?

I'm planning on getting the Panasonic DMR-E80H.... newegg.com has it for $549.00 shipped!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks